Samsung has just announced that it will be the first in Southeast Asia to make Samsung Pay available beginning on June 16.
Secure and easy-to-use, Samsung Pay can be used to make purchases almost anywhere that debit cards or credit cards are accepted. I
In fact, Samsung Pay is the only mobile wallet that allows users to pay with their compatible Samsung smartphones at terminals that accept contactless payment as well as those that do not accept contactless payment.
Samsung Pay is continually expanding its partnership ecosystem to provide greater flexibility, access and choice for customers in Singapore.
Currently, Samsung Pay has partnered with major payment networks such as American Express (coming soon), MasterCard and Visa, and major banks such as Citibank, DBS/POSB, OCBC Bank and Standard Chartered.
Additionally, Samsung and Singtel will be exploring potential collaborations in the mobile payment space.
At launch, Samsung Pay will be accepted at the vast majority of merchants, wherever MasterCard or Visa is accepted, and is not limited to merchants that have updated to contactless terminals. Singapore consumers will be able to use Samsung Pay at their favorite popular chains, as well as thousands of independent shops.
For merchants that have not yet updated to contactless terminals, Samsung Pay’s proprietary MST (Magnetic Secure Transmission) technology enables contactless payment on existing merchant terminals.
As part of Samsung’s efforts to provide a seamless experience for Samsung Pay customers from the first time they try Samsung Pay, Samsung has been actively engaging selected merchants, providing training to their cashiers and point of sale acceptance marks.
Samsung Pay will feature close to 40 preferred merchants at launch. From launch, customers will immediately be able to utilize Samsung Pay at most merchants within the following categories:
- Supermarkets and Convenience Stores
- Departmental Stores
- Healthcare and Beauty Outlets
- Food and Beverage Outlets
- Fashion and Lifestyle Outlets
- Electronics and Furnishing Stores
- Travel and Entertainment
More Than a Payment Service
A secure and easy-to-use mobile payment service, Samsung Pay can be used to make purchases almost anywhere that credit and debit cards are accepted.
- SIMPLE: With Samsung Pay, every transaction is made super easy. You simply need to swipe up to bring up the last transacted credit or debit card, scan your fingerprint or key in your PIN and make payment.
- SAFE: With each separate transaction, Samsung Pay uses an encrypted digital token to replace sensitive card information to prevent fraud. Your payment information is better protected than ever before. Transactions made on Samsung Pay require registered fingerprint or PIN for authorization, so you are in control when each payment is made. The encrypted fingerprint information is stored in a separate, secure area of your device. Samsung’s industry-leading KNOX security platform, which received the most “Strong” ratings of any mobile security platform for Corporate Managed Security5, provides real-time kernel protection and monitors malicious software and activities on your device for added security.
- ALMOST ANYWHERE: Samsung Pay is accepted almost anywhere you can swipe or tap your credit or debit card. By incorporating Samsung’s proprietary MST technology, together with NFC (Near Field Communication), Samsung Pay will be compatible with the majority of existing and ne w payment terminals, allowing users to pay with their compatible Samsung smartphone almost anywhere. Thanks to MST, Singapore users can also use Samsung Pay for transactions above $100.
Samsung Pay will be available on the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 4G+, S6 edge+ 4G+, S7 4G+ and S7 edge 4G+ beginning on June 16 in Singapore.
Preferred Merchants list
- Best Denki
- Cold Storage
- DFS Singapore Changi
- NTUC FairPrice
- FairPrice Finest
- FairPrice Xtra
- Gain City
- Guardian Health & Beauty
- Harvey Norman
- Hotel Fort Canning
- KRAFTWICHTM by Swissbake
- M1 Limited
- Samsung Experience Stores
- Shaw Theatres
- The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf
- The Legends Fort Canning Park
- Market Place
- The Shilla Duty Free
- Toys “R” Us (Singapore) Pte Ltd
- Watsons Singapore
- WE Cinemas
- Wine Connection\
- ZAC Butchery
For more info, visit www.samsung.com/sg/samsungpay.
Get a FREE American Tourister Caravan 70cm TSA luggage (worth S$260) (with min spend of S$600 within a month of Card Account Opening Date) and 2-years annual fees waiver when you sign up for a HSBC Revolution credit card at www.hsbc.com.sg.