HP has unveiled a portfolio of elegantly styled business notebooks that redefine mainstream mobile computing, including secure, reliable Ultrabooks(1) designed to fit the needs of any business user or IT budget.
Businesses are in the midst of a workplace transformation as employee demand for stylish mobile devices competes with IT decision makers’ need to keep company technology secure and manageable. With this in mind, HP designed its new EliteBook and ProBook series notebook PCs for mobility, durability and security, while pleasing the eye with a radically thinner profile wrapped in a performance-inspired design.
The HP EliteBook 800 series is up to 40 percent thinner and 28 percent lighter than previous generations, while delivering critical enterprise features, allowing businesses to provide the Ultrabook(1) experience to everyone in the office. They’re designed for frequent travelers with an option for up to 33 hours of battery life and MIL-STD 810G certification for business-rugged reliability. (2,3)
Available on HP EliteBooks, HP Sure Start(4) is exclusive to HP BIOSphere and was developed in collaboration with HP Labs, the company’s central research arm, to automatically restore compromised systems so end users can maintain productivity reducing downtime.
Designed to fit the needs and budgets of smaller businesses, the new HP ProBook 400 series notebooks are durable, stylish and fast, featuring the speed of the latest 4th generation Intel® Core™ i3/i5/i7 processors. (5)
The HP Security Smart Jacket for HP ElitePad provides mobile authentication, ensuring secure login to corporate networks for mobile professionals.
“IT decision makers today are faced with history’s most diverse and technically savvy workforce, and their demands for devices that reflect personal style and productivity preferences present a unique business challenge,” said Serena Yong, general manager, Printing and Personal Systems, HP Singapore and Malaysia. “HP is leading the transformation of the workplace with innovative and mobile business PCs designed for style, but built for security and reliability.”
HP EliteBook 800 series: The ideal travel companion
The HP EliteBook 800 series notebooks are engineered with the security and management features required by enterprise IT, but are customizable to fit the needs of businesses of all sizes. The new series offers Ultrabook(1) qualification for select notebooks, and features a thinner and lighter profile(6) ideal for travelers, and a sophisticated design in a rich graphite black with meteorite gray accents inspired by high- performance automobiles.
HP EliteBook 800 series notebooks meet MIL-STD 810G testing(3) for impressive toughness and reliability, with a magnesium unibody chassis further reinforced with aluminum accents and featuring an optional back-lit keyboard to maintain productivity in low-light settings. A durable drop-jaw hinge Ethernet port ensures reliable connectivity without the need for a dongle or other adapter, while HP Trust Circles ensures that only assigned contacts can access critical files. (7)
The HP EliteBook 820 G1 is up to 35 percent thinner and 18 percent lighter than previous generations, featuring a 12-inch diagonal display and weighing 1.33 kg(8) for business travelers who need a light, full-featured device.
The HP EliteBook 840 G1 is Ultrabook(1) qualified and offers a 14-inch diagonal display with an optional touch display optimized for the Windows 8 experience, plus an amazing battery life of up to 33 hours with the optional secondary Slice Battery. (2)
HP Sure Start(4) technology: Automatic protection from BIOS attack
Designed in collaboration with HP Labs, HP Sure Start is the latest breakthrough innovation in HP business platform protection and an exclusive self-healing BIOS solution. Available on the new HP EliteBook 800 series, this unique hardware-based solution detects and remedies malware and security attacks to the BIOS.
HP Sure Start Crisis Recovery Mode immediately and automatically detects the effects of an attack or corruption and replaces the corrupted BIOS Boot Block with a clean copy from the secure memory—all within about 30 seconds. This technology allows businesses to eliminate employee downtime due to a nonoperational unit caused by BIOS attacks, and helps save IT time by avoiding help desk calls or service ticket requests. Plus, its hardware-based approach means it is effective against new sources of attacks, even those not yet identified.
HP ProBook 400 Series: Proven durability meets stylish design
The HP ProBook 400 series now includes two notebooks – the HP ProBook 440 G1, and the HP ProBook 450 G1 – with the speed of the latest 4th generation Intel Core i3/i5/i7 processors(5) to help business users work faster. The HP ProBook 450 G1 also features an optional touch interface on a premium shatter-, reflection-, smudge- and scratch- resistant screen, enabling greater productivity by providing another way to interact with apps and data.
The HP ProBook 400 series is designed to look good on the go with an attractive meteorite gray chassis with soft touch finish and an all-metal keyboard deck. The HP ProBook 400 series adds substance to its style with a new hybrid hard drive option that offers the responsiveness of an SSD(12) with the capacity of a traditional hard drive, along with optional 4G LTE,(10,13,14) HSPA+ WWAN, (10,14,15) Skype (16) and rich DTS Sound+.
HP Security Jacket: Enhanced identity and network protection for HP ElitePad
The new HP Security Jacket adds critical functionality to the HP ElitePad. It allows device and network access only to those with approved access through single- or multi-factor user authentication via a thin and light jacket design. Ideal for government, healthcare and security-sensitive corporate environments, the TAA-compliant Security Smart Jacket includes a Smart Card Reader(17) that allows FIPS 140-2 encryption solutions and offers an optional fingerprint reader, both of which meet FIPS 201 requirements.
Additionally, the HP Security Jacket offers USB 3.0 and HDMI ports for convenient connectivity. Paired with HP’s included Device Access Manager software with Just In Time authentication, the jacket’s USB port can be easily secured for limited, authorized use of removable storage devices during a brief allotted time after authentication. The HP Security Jacket is compatible with the HP ElitePad dock for easy desktop productivity with dual display support.
Pricing and availability(18)
- The HP EliteBook 800 series is available in Singapore, with pricing starting at S$ 2,799
- The HP ProBook 400 series is available in Singapore, with pricing starting at S$1,199.
- The HP Security Jacket for the HP ElitePad is available in Singapore, starting at S$ 499.
(1) Not all configurations will be classified as Ultrabooks.
(2) Requires separately purchased slice battery and configuration with Intel HD graphics and optional solid state drive. Windows 7 battery life will vary depending on numerous factors including product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. See www.bapco.com for additional details.
(3) HP EliteBook series passed MIL STD 810G testing for drop, shock, vibration, dust, altitude, high and low temperature, and temperature shock. Testing was not intended to demonstrate fitness for Department of Defense contracts requirements or for military use. Test results are not a guarantee of future performance under these test conditions.
(4) HP Sure Start is available only on HP EliteBook 800 and HP Workstation ZBook series products. Self-healing capabilities are targeted at BIOS attacks; some attack may require manual recovery tasks.
(5) Multi-Core is designed to improve performance of certain software products. Not all customers or software
applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology. 64-bit computing on Intel architecture
Page 3 of 5
requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers, and applications enabled for Intel 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on hardware and software configurations. Intel’s numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
(6) Compared to previous models.
(7) HP Trust Circles Standard, when included, allows up to five Trust Circles with up to five contacts in each Trust Circle. Optional Trust Circles Professional required for unrestricted number of Trust Circles and members contacts. Trust Circles Reader is available to allow a contact to participate in an invited Trust Circle. Requires Windows. Trust Circles is planned to be available from Oct 2013.
(8) Weight varies by configuration.
(9) Sold separately or as an optional feature.
(10) The 500 GB capacity Hybrid HDD will be on the HP ProBook 440, 450 and 470, while only an SSD is available on the HP ProBook 430.
(11) 4G LTE not available in all regions and only available on products featuring Intel processors.
(12) Broadband is optional and use requires separately purchased service contract. Check with service provider for coverage and availability in a specific area.
(13) 3G available in select markets. (14) Internet access required.
(15) Smart card and smart card middleware are required and sold separately. Third-party security software can be purchased separately.
(16) Estimated Singapore street prices. Actual prices may vary.
Get a FREE 28" Luggage + Up to $168 Cash Rebate (with NO Annual Fees ever!) when you apply for a ANZ Switch Card at www.anz.com.sg. T&Cs apply