HP has unveiled a suite of stylish consumer PCs, tablets, and new services and solutions designed to help customers better manage their personal information.
“Our customers need solutions that work and play the way they do,” said Serena Yong, general manager, Printing and Personal Systems, HP Singapore and Malaysia. “Today’s announcement— which includes three world-first introductions—illustrates how HP is innovating and defining the next-generation computing experience, delivering the productivity customers need, and the entertainment they want.”
HP Control Zone track pad, available for the first time in the new HP Spectre 13 Ultrabook, enables an enhanced Windows® 8 experience by adding an extended area to the left and right of the touch pad.
Using HP Control Zone, customers can easily access the Windows 8 modern user interface features such as Charms, flip and snap, along with a set of custom gestures right from the palm rest.(1)
Next-generation form factors
Delivering functional form factors that fit a variety of needs, HP’s latest detachable devices transform from a PC to a tablet—and back. With durable, magnetically assisted hinges, dual batteries in the base and tablet, powerful processors and colorful exterior choices, these new detachable devices deliver a breakthrough computing experience.
Featuring a slim profile combined with breathtaking performance, the HP Spectre13 Ultrabook available in Truffle Brown weighs just 3.25 pounds, and offers a 13.3-inch QHD touchscreen display and Intel 4th generation Core i7 performance, while boasting up to nine hours of battery life.(3)
For customers that want to switch easily from a notebook PC to a tablet without sacrificing personal style, the HP Pavilion11 x2 is available in Sparkling Black. The HP Pavilion11 x2 features dual 1,080p HD webcams that allow users to create and enjoy video on the 11.6-inch diagonal display.
Expanding tablet portfolio
By offering multiple operating systems and form factors, HP is rounding out its tablet portfolio with offerings that allow customers to choose the tablet experience that’s right for them.
The 7-inch HP Slate 7 Extreme combines the power, speed and graphics capabilities of the NVIDIA® Tegra®4 Processor. NVIDIA PureAudio technology provides true surround sound through front-facing speakers and a dedicated bass-reflex port speaker.
The HP Slate7 Extreme also delivers intuitive navigation and pinpoint accuracy, and features an integrated stylus pen for composing and creating notes and illustrations while on the go.
Software and services
HP understands the challenges customers face when accessing their digital content using multiple devices including HP PCs and tablets, and mobile phones. It is even more difficult when spanning different operating systems. HP Connected apps are an example of HP’s commitment to solving this pain point through an innovative solution that simplifies the user experience by organizing digital content such as photos.
HP Connected Photo,(4) powered by Snapfish by HP, offers seamless access to photos from a PC or mobile device or social media sites like Facebook in one location, enabling customers to make the most of the holidays by printing photos, creating cards and invitations—directly from the application.(5)
Pricing and availability
- HP Spectre13 Ultrabook is expected to be available in November 2013. Starting at S$1799.
- HP Pavilion11 x2 is expected to be available in November 2013. Starting at S$899.
- HP Slate7 Extreme is expected to be available in November 2013 at S$249.
Additional information about the new HP portfolio is available at The Next Bench or online at www.hp.com/go/newPCs.
(1) Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 8. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware, drivers and/or software to take full advantage of Windows 8 functionality. See microsoft.com.
(2) High-definition content is required for high-definition images.
(3) Testing conducted by HP consisting of full battery discharge while running a series of productivity scripts against the following applications (which may or may not be included with a particular product): Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 7.0, Adobe Illustrator CS2, Adobe Photoshop® CS2, Apple QuickTime 7.1, Intervideo WinDVD 8, Macromedia Flash 8, Microsoft Office 2003 Pro, Microsoft Project 2003 and Winzip 10.0. Prior to testing, the system was fully charged and set to display brightness of 60 nits, auto dim disabled, wireless off, suspend and hibernate disabled, and all other programs, utilities and services not essential to running the computer system or battery life test. Battery life will vary depending on the product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality, and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage.
(4) Availability of service varies by country. Snapfish by HP mobile app download and Snapfish membership required. Internet service required and not included.
Get $120 cashback when you apply for a Citibank card at www.citibank.com.sg. Plus get additional welcome vouchers when you apply for a Citibank Rewards Visa Card!