Samsung has announced the launch of GALAXY Note 10.1 2014 Edition in Singapore. The GALAXY Note 10.1 2014 Edition represents an original approach to balancing productivity, powerful content creation and consumption in an extremely thin and light tablet device.
“The new GALAXY Note 10.1 2014 Edition comes with a crystal clear 10-inch display, delivering fantastic viewing and multitasking experiences. It is another demonstration of Samsung’s focus on constant product innovation to ensure that we continue to meet consumer interests,” said Irene Ng, Vice President, Marketing, Samsung Asia Pte Ltd.
“The GALAXY Note 10.1 2014 Edition unites a range of features that will consistently surprise consumers as they realise how much easier and more enjoyable it makes their everyday lives.”
The new GALAXY Note 10.1 2014 Edition expands on the advanced productivity and creativity leadership delivered by the original Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1.
In addition to enabling productivity, the device has been redesigned with a sleek, light, slim frame that is both fashionable and portable. New design characteristics, like a soft and textured touch-back cover with delicate stitching, inspire a sense of elegance and sophistication.
Richer Viewing Experience on a Crystal Clear 10.1″ Display
The large, bright and crystal clear screen delivers four times the pixel density of the original GALAXY Note 10.1, providing a premium content viewing experience.
The Magazine style UX allows users to organise their favourite content in an easy-to-use dashboard with a stylish reading experience. Whether watching videos or reading magazines and e-books, the new GALAXY Note 10.1 2014 Edition provides an immersive media consumption experience.
Enhanced Multi Window for Efficient Multitasking
The device’s screen size also enables enhanced multitasking. With Enhanced Multi Window, users will be able to run separate instances of the same application, and use an enhanced S Pen to Drag & Drop content from one window to another conveniently.
Pen Window enables users to simply draw a window on the screen, and instantly access another application window such as YouTube™, calculator or Browser without pausing current activity on the screen.
Improved S Pen and S Note Functionality for an Intuitive User Experience
The enhanced S Pen included with GALAXY Note 10.1 2014 Edition improves responsiveness, delivers day-to-day efficiency enhancements and produces more creative input capabilities. The tablet also includes GALAXY Note 3’s new S Pen features which are Air Command, Action Memo, Scrapbooker, Screen Write, S Finder and Pen Window.
Combined with the tablet’s larger screen, these enhanced S Pen capabilities present users with unique and creative opportunities and the space to explore them.
Action Memo allows users to handwrite a note, and automatically execute a function or convert that handwritten information into formatted content. Action Memo can instantly initiate a call, add to contacts, look up an address on a map, search the web, save a task to a to-do list, and more.
With the new Scrapbook¹ feature, users can easily select any interesting content with the S Pen and organise it into individualised scrapbooks, creating a log of discussion points for a future work conversation, a wish list for new clothes or a home redesign project, or a personal favourites list.
S Note has been upgraded with a more intuitive, easy-to-use interface. Users will have the ability to use the S Pen to take handwritten notes. With Easy Chart, you can create formal charts and graphs easily within the new S Note. The new S Note can also be synced with Evernote or a Samsung account and be enabled for accessing and viewing from different devices.
Specially curated content and services for the enriched user experience via GALAXY Lifestyle Pack
The GALAXY Lifestyle Pack will provide a single entry into content and services, which Samsung has made accessible to users so that they can browse through a variety of content for a unique and fun experience on the GALAXY Note 10.1 2014 Edition.
New content and services which are preloaded on the GALAXY Note 10.1 2014 Edition include:
- Twitter for Tablet – Twitter is an online social broadcast network where users can have online, multi-media conversations in real time. GALAXY Note 10.1 2014 Edition users get to experience the new tablet – with limited time exclusivity to Twitter. Easily post and share images with the S Pen and Enhanced Multi Window on a bigger screen.
- Bloomberg Businessweek+ – Read Bloomberg Businessweek+ FREE for one year and get fresh perspectives on global business news and market trends along with exclusive content and interactive features that enrich the reading experience. Bloomberg Businessweek+ is optimized for S Pen, simply hover over the headline for a full article preview.
Other new content and services which are downloadable from Samsung Apps include:
- NY Times for AndroidTM – Keep up with the latest news at NY Times for AndroidTM, on the GALAXY Note 10.1 2014 Edition’s large, high-resolution screen. Enjoy a free seven-day trial, plus, you will get the first 12-weeks free with subscription, for an elegant, easy way to stay plugged into current events.
- Angry Birds Star Wars II – Angry Birds, the world’s top paid app of all-time by Rovio Entertainment, is now available for GALAXY Note 10.1 2014 Edition, in an exclusive Star Wars II edition. With the intuitive S Pen, you can immerse yourself in the game like never before.
- NoteLedge – NoteLedge is a versatile note-taking application that simultaneously supports handwriting, typing, sketching, inserting photos, audio and video recording. It is an ideal tool for users to record their lives by keeping a diary, jotting down ideas, taking notes, composing travel journals, scheduling weekly plans and more.
- Animation Desk – Animation Desk allows users to create hand-drawn animations. Its drawing interface resembles the real working environment of a professional animator who completes each frame of an animation on a specially-designed desk.
In addition, consumers who purchase their GALAXY Note 10.1 2014 Edition from Samsung Experience Stores will get to enjoy the following exclusive content and services, while stocks last:
- Mobilecover.sg – Mobilecover insures users’ devices against accidental damage such as screen cracks, microphone damage, and even liquid damage. Samsung users who purchase their devices from Samsung Experience Stores can enjoy the first three months of device protection free. This insurance is brought to users by Mobilecover.sg who has recently launched their device insurance programs in Singapore. The insurance is underwritten by Zurich Insurance. (This is subject to policy terms and conditions; exclusions apply. Please refer to http://www.mobilecover.sg/samsungoffer for details).
- SPH Magazines – This will provide users with access to over 100 magazines from one of the region’s top publishers. Users will also be able to redeem one complimentary digital edition out of 48 titles, including Female, HWM, and Torque.
- The Straits Times –The Straits Times AndroidTM Tablet App features the Print Edition and latest News and Photos now available in your hands with just a touch of your finger. Users will be able to redeem one month complimentary subscription to The Straits Times.
Samsung KNOX, comprehensive mobile security for consumers and enterprise
The GALAXY Note 10.1 2014 Edition comes with enhanced privacy and security protection provided by Samsung KNOX. Users can activate Samsung KNOX with ease which allows them to run and store security-sensitive applications and data inside a protected execution environment called “container.”
The security inside the container is strengthened by system-level protection of Samsung KNOX against malware and phishing attacks as well as hacking attempts on physical devices when devices are stolen or lost.
Users may choose to store enterprise applications and data such as corporate email, contacts and calendar and allow the IT department to manage the container through EAS (Exchange ActiveSync Server). These features make the GALAXY Note 10.1 2014 Edition an ideal device for BYOD (Bring-Your-Own-Device to work).
The GALAXY Note 10.1 2014 edition (32GB) will be available in Classic White from October 19, 2013 while the Jet Black version will be available from October 26, 2013, both at $998 for the LTE version (without contract) and $798 for the WiFi version at telecommunication operators, major consumer electronics and IT stores, and Samsung Experience Stores.
Availability of accessories
Accessories compatible with the GALAXY Note 10.1 2014 Edition include the Bluetooth Keyboard at $118 and the Desktop Dock at $68. The Book Cover will also be available from October 26, 2013, in Black & White at $88.
GALAXY Note 10.1 2014 Edition Product Specifications
|Network||4G CAT 4 up to 150Mbps [LTE Band 1 (2100MHz)/ Band 3 (1800MHz)/ Band 5 (850MHz)/ Band 7 (2600MHz)/ Band 8 (900MHz)/ Band 20 (800MHz)]/ 3.5G (HSPA+ up to 42 Mbps)/ 3G (850/ 900/ 1900/ 2100MHz)/ EDGE/ GPRS Class 33/ GSM Quad-band (850/ 900/ 1800/ 1900MHz)|
|Processor||[LTE] 2.3GHz Quad Core|
[WiFi] 1.9GHz A15 Quad Core + 1.3GHz A7 Quad Core Processor
|Display||10.1-inch WQXGA (2560 X 1600) SUPER CLEAR LCD|
|OS||Android™ 4.3 (Jelly Bean)|
|Camera||8MP Camera (4X Digital Zoom, LED Flash,Beauty Face, Best Photo, Best Face, Sound & Shot, Drama Shot, HDR, Eraser, Panorama Shot, Sports Shot, Night Shot, Timer Shot, Share Shot, Buddy Photo Share, Remote Viewfinder)|
2MP Front Facing Camera
Dual Camera: Dual Shot / Dual Recording/ Dual Video Call for the LTE version
|Video||Video Player (3GP, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, AVI, WMV) & Recorder (3GP, MPEG4, H.263, H.264) 1080p @ 30fps|
|Audio||– Codec: MP3, AAC/AAC＋/eAAC＋, WMA, FLAC＊, AMR-NB/WB, Vorbis,|
WAV＊, XMF, IMY, OGG, SP-midi, 3GA, MP4, MID, MXMF, RTTTL, RTX, OTA, ASF
＊Ultra High Quality Audio ( ~ 192kHz, 24bit) support
– 3.5mm Ear Jack, Stereo Speaker
|Air Command (Action Memo, Scrapbooker, Screen Write, S Finder, Pen Window)|
S Note, Easy Clip, Direct Pen Input
|Enhanced Multi Window, Reading Mode, Smart Stay, Smart Pause, Smart Rotation, Smart Scroll, Pop Up Play, Air View|
|Samsung Kies / Samsung Kies via Wi-Fi®|
|Samsung TouchWiz / My Magazine|
|Samsung Hub (Video, Books, Games, Learning)|
|ChatON: mobile communication service|
|Samsung Link, Group Play, Screen Mirroring, Peel Smart Remote, HomeSync (downloadable)|
[LTE] Gear Manager (downloadable)
|Bloomberg Businessweek＋, NY Times for AndroidTM|
|Filpboard, TripAdvisor, Dropbox, Twitter, Evernote, Story Album, S Translator², Scrapbook, Polaris® Office 5|
|Google Voice Search™ , Google Play™, Chrome™ Browser/ Android™ Browser, Gmail™, YouTube™, Google Maps™, Google™ Search, Google+™, Google Play™ Music, Google Play™ Games, Google Play™ Books, Google Now™, Hangouts™, Google+ Messenger™|
|Connectivity||Wi-Fi® 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 & 5 GHz), Wi-Fi Direct™, Bluetooth® 4.0, USB 2.0, MHL 2.0|
|GPS||GPS ＋ GLONASS|
|Sensor||Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Geo-magnetic, RGB|
|Memory||3GB RAM,32GB3 Internal Memory|
microSD (Up to 64GB)
|Dimension||243.1 X 171.4 X 7.9mm, 540g(WiFi)/547g(LTE)|
|Battery||Standard Battery, Li-ion 8,220mAh|
¹ Service must not be used in a manner that infringes any laws, including intellectual property or third party rights.
2 S Translator may require internet access and be subject to data charges depending on usage. Available languages are limited, and actual performance may vary, depending on language spoken, accents, and surrounding environment.
³Actual user-accessible internal storage may differ depending on operating system and other built-in applications.
Note: Certain features, services and applications (including 4G LTE) are dependent on network connectivity and may not be available in all coverage areas. Additional data charges may apply. Specifications are accurate as at time of print and are subject to change without prior notice.
Google Play, Android, Google and other marks are trademarks of Google Inc. Microsoft and ActiveSync are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Group of companies. Wi-Fi® and Wi-Fi Direct™ are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Wi-Fi Alliance. All other company, product and service names mentioned herein are marks, trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of the respective owners.
(Updated 18 Oct with “18 Oct Galaxy Note 2014 Edition Launch Promo” image)
Get a FREE 28" Luggage + Up to $168 Cash Rebate (with NO Annual Fees ever!) when you apply for a ANZ Switch Card at www.anz.com.sg. T&Cs apply