HDB launched six Build-To-Order (BTO) projects today, offering 3,139 new flats in four non-mature towns (Bukit Batok, Jurong West, Punggol and Woodlands) and one mature town (Serangoon).
This is the first tranche of the 24,300 BTO flats that HDB has planned for 2014. For the rest of the year, there will be a good mix of BTO flat types across various towns, i.e. Bukit Batok, Hougang, Jurong West, Kallang Whampoa, Punggol, Sembawang, Sengkang, Tampines, Toa Payoh, Woodlands and Yishun.
Starting with this launch, HDB will also introduce a standard suite of eco-features in all new public housing developments, which will help to manage water, energy and waste more efficiently.
These include eco-pedestals in bathrooms which recycle water for toilet flushing, LED lighting with motion sensor controls and regenerative lifts that help to lower energy consumption, as well as Centralised Chutes for Recyclables (CCR) to promote recycling.
More covered bicycle parking lots and bicycle wheel ramps will also be added to new projects to encourage residents to adopt a more environmentally-friendly mode of transport.
This is part of HDB’s continuing effort to build environmentally sustainable homes for residents.
Jan 2014 BTO Launch
The 3,139 new flats launched comprise Studio Apartments (SAs), 2-room to 5-room flats, as well as 3Gen flats, to meet the diverse housing needs of first-timers, second-timers, multi-generation families, elderly and singles.
First-timers will continue to enjoy priority flat allocation, with at least 85% (for 4-room and 5-room) and 70% (for 2-room and 3-room) of the BTO flat supply in non-mature towns/estates set aside for them. Eligible first-timer singles have the option of applying for a 2-room flat in Punggol Vue or Woodlands Glen.
Married/courting couples who wish to apply for a 3Gen flat together with their parent(s) can apply for one in Punggol BayView.
Other multi-generation families wishing to live in the same BTO project can apply under the Multi-Generation Priority Scheme (MGPS)1 and there will be flats set aside in Bukit Gombak Vista, Punggol Vue, Punggol BayView, and Woodlands Glen for this purpose. In addition, 50% of the SA supply in Bukit Gombak Vista, Golden Ginger, and Golden Lavender will be reserved for elderly applicants under the Studio Apartment Priority Scheme (SAPS).
Eligible first-timer households can enjoy up to $60,000 of housing grants, comprising the Additional CPF Housing Grant (up to $40,000) and Special CPF Housing Grant (up to $20,000).
With these grants, 2-room, 3-room, 4-room and 5-room flats are priced from $13,000, $95,000, $199,000 and $383,000 respectively (Table 1). Further details can be found in Annex A (PDF 1072KB).
Table 1: Jan 2014 BTO Prices
|Project||Flat Type #||Selling Price (Excluding Grants@)||Selling Price|
|Woodlands Glen||2-room*||From $73,000||From $13,000|
|3-room||From $145,000||From $95,000|
|4-room||From $234,000||From $199,000|
|Punggol Vue||2-room*||From $84,000||From $24,000|
|3-room||From $179,000||From $129,000|
|Punggol BayView||3-room||From $184,000||From $134,000|
|4-room||From $293,000||From $258,000|
|5-room||From $393,000||From $383,000|
|3Gen||From $433,000||From $423,000|
|Golden Lavender||Studio Apartment||From $83,000||-|
|Bukit Gombak Vista||Studio Apartment||From $87,000||-|
|3-room||From $221,000||From $171,000|
|Golden Ginger||Studio Apartment||From $87,000||-|
1) * Come in two sizes of 35 sqm (Type 1) and 45 sqm (Type 2).
2) ^ The assumed housing grants are meant for applicants applying as a family nucleus or two singles under the Joint Singles Scheme for a 2-room flat
:i) 2-room flat: $60,000 (comprising AHG of $40,000 and SHG of $20,000 where applicable)
ii) 3-room flat: $50,000 (comprising AHG of $30,000 and SHG of $20,000 where applicable)
iii) 4-room flat: $35,000 (comprising AHG of $15,000 and SHG of $20,000 where applicable)
iv) 5-room flat / 3Gen: $10,000 (AHG only)The actual grant amounts vary based on income and choice of flat type.
3) # SAs are sold on a 30-year lease, beginning from the date of key collection. Prices are inclusive of the elderly-friendly fittings/finishes. 50% of the supply is set aside for the SA Priority Scheme under which eligible applicants can right-size to an SA in the same town as or within 2 km from their current flat/property, or apply for an SA to live near or with parents/married child.
4) @ Singles who apply under the Single Singapore Citizen Scheme will pay $15,000 more than the married couples. Eligible singles can also apply for AHG and SHG. The actual grant amounts will vary based on income. Read more on various CPF Housing Grants Available.
|Projects||Flat Type||Estimated Floor Area * (sqm)||Estimated|
|No. of units||Indicative #|
|2-room||37||35||84||$73,000 – $93,000|
|47||45||216||$93,000 – $117,000|
|3-room||68||65||180||$145,000 – $174,000|
|4-room||93||90||408||$234,000 – $278,000|
|2-room||37||35||76||$84,000 – $114,000|
|47||45||228||$111,000 – $141,000|
|3-room||68||65||266||$179,000 – $218,000|
|3-room||68||65||202||$184,000 – $232,000|
|4-room||93||90||404||$293,000 – $366,000|
|5-room||113||110||206||$393,000 – $470,000|
|4-room**||96||93||58||$315,000 – $377,000|
|5-room**||116 – 122||113 – 119||174||$412,000 – $495,000|
|3Gen**||123||118||52||$433,000 – $481,000|
|37||35||74||$83,000 – $90,000|
|46||45||75||$103,000 – $110,000|
|Bukit Gombak Vista|
|37||35||78||$87,000 – $101,000|
|46||45||78||$110,000 – $125,000|
|3-room||67||65||130||$221,000 – $269,000|
|37||35||78||$87,000 – $95,000|
|47||45||72||$108,000 – $113,000|
1) * Refers to the estimated area of the whole apartment, comprising the internal floor area and the air-conditioner ledge.
2) ^ Refers to the estimated area of the apartment computed based on the centre line of the apartment wall.
3) # Actual prices may vary based on the actual attributes of the flats at the time of selection.
4) **Comprises 4-room, 5-room and 3Gen flats with balcony and 5-room flats with balcony and enlarged master bedroom.
5) + SAs are sold on a 30-year lease, beginning from the date of key collection. Prices are inclusive of the elderly-friendly fittings/finishes.
Advice for Flat Buyers
Applicants are strongly advised to apply for a BTO flat in non-mature towns/ estates to enjoy a higher chance of success in securing a flat.
Regular updates on the number of applications submitted for the various flat types/towns/estates will be published on the HDB InfoWEB.
Applicants are advised to check for updates before submitting their application.
Application for Jan 2014 BTO Exercise
Application for the BTO flats can be submitted online from 22 Jan 2014 (Wednesday) to 28 Jan 2014 (Tuesday). Eligible applicants can apply for only one flat type in one town only.
More details on application procedures can be found in Annex B (PDF 133KB).
For enquiries, the public can:
- Log on to esales.hdb.gov.sg; or
- E-mail hdbsales[at]hdb.gov.sg; or
- Visit the HDB Sales Office to speak with Customer Relations Executives during office hours (Mon to Fri 8 am to 5 pm, Saturday 8 am to 1 pm).
Next BTO Launch in March 2014
In March 2014, HDB will offer about 3,500 new flats in Sembawang, Sengkang and Yishun.
More information on the flats offered under the Mar 2014 BTO Exercise is available on the HDB InfoWEB.
Get FREE luggages worth S$667 when you sign up for HSBC Revolution Visa card with a supplementary card (2-year annual fees waiver) at www.hsbc.com.sg.