|Starts||24 Sep 2014 (Wed)||Ends||30 Sep 2014 (Tue)|
HDB has launched 4,630 new flats under the September 2014 Build-To-Order (BTO) exercise.
These flats are spread across six projects located in the non-mature towns of Bukit Batok, Hougang and Jurong West, and the mature town of Kallang Whampoa.
Staggered Downpayment Scheme for Right-sizing to 2-room or 3-room Flats
Starting from this BTO exercise, existing flat owners who right-size to a new 2-room or 3-room flat in a non-mature town/estate can choose to pay half the downpayment for the new flat when they sign the Agreement for Lease:
The current downpayment for flat buyers who take a housing loan from the HDB or financial institutions (FIs)1 in the flat purchase is 10% and 20% respectively.
Under the Staggered Downpayment Scheme, they only need to pay half of the downpayment when they sign the Agreement for Lease (which usually takes place about four months after booking the flat), i.e. 5% for HDB loan cases or those who do not need a loan, and 10% for FI-loan cases. They need only pay the other half together with the balance purchase price of the new flat when the new flat is ready and they collect the keys.
This arrangement aims to assist flat owners who wish to right-size to a new flat but have their funds tied up in the existing flat.
The eligibility conditions for the Staggered Downpayment Scheme are:
- a) They have applied to buy a 2-room or 3-room flat in Build-To-Order/Sale of Balance Flat exercises from September 2014 onwards2;
- b) The new flat is in a non-mature estate; and c) They have not sold their existing flat (or the sale of the existing flat has not been legally completed) when they apply for a new flat.
Flat buyers do not need to apply for the Staggered Downpayment Scheme. The HDB will extend it to those who are eligible.
September 2014 BTO Exercise
A wide range of flats, comprising Studio Apartments (SAs), 2-room to 5-room flats, as well as Three-Generation (3Gen) flats, is offered to meet the diverse housing needs of first-timers, second-timers, multi-generation families, elderly and singles.
First-timers will continue to enjoy priority flat allocation, with at least 85% (for 4-room and 5-room flats) and 70% (for 2-room and 3-room flats) of the BTO public flat supply set aside for them. Eligible first-timer singles have the option of applying for a 2-room flat in Buangkok Square, West Terra @ Bukit Batok, Yung Ho Spring I, or Yung Ho Spring II.
Married/courting couples who wish to live together with their parent(s) can apply for a 3Gen flat at Buangkok Edgeview. Other multi-generation families who wish to live near each other in the same BTO project can apply under the Multi-Generation Priority Scheme (MGPS) for a flat in Buangkok Square, St George’s Towers, West Terra @ Bukit Batok, Yung Ho Spring I, or Yung Ho Spring II.
50% of the SAs at St George’s Towers in Kallang Whampoa will be set aside under the Studio Apartment Priority Scheme (SAPS) for seniors who apply for an SA in the same town or within 2 km of their current flat/property, or for an SA to live near or with their parents/married child.
Eligible first-timer families can enjoy up to $60,000 of housing grants, comprising the Additional CPF Housing Grant (AHG) (up to $40,000) and the Special CPF Housing Grant (SHG) (up to $20,000). With these grants, 2-room, 3-room, 4-room and 5-room flats can be purchased from $18,000, $115,000, $222,000 and $333,000 respectively (see Table 1). Further details can be found in Annex B (PDF 1010KB).
|Town||Project||Flat Type||Selling Price (Excluding Grants@)||Selling Price (Including Grants^)|
|Yung Ho Spring I&|
Yung Ho Spring II
|2-room*||From $78,000||From $18,000|
|3-room||From $165,000||From $115,000|
|4-room||From $257,000||From $222,000|
|2-room*||From $80,000||From $20,000|
|3-room||From $171,000||From $121,000|
|4-room||From $268,000||From $233,000|
|5-room||From $343,000||From $333,000|
|3Gen||From $348,000||From $338,000|
|West Terra @ Bukit Batok||2-room*||From $86,000||From $26,000|
|3-room||From $167,000||From $117,000|
|4-room||From $269,000||From $234,000|
|5-room||From $361,000||From $351,000|
|St George’s Towers (JPG 546KB)||Studio Apartment|
|3-room||From $328,000||From $298,000|
|4-room||From $459,000||From $444,000|
- * Come in two sizes of 36 sqm (Type 1) and 45 sqm (Type 2).
- ^ The assumed housing grants are meant for applicants applying as a family nucleus or two singles under the Joint Singles Scheme for a 2-room BTO flat. SHG is also applicable only to 2-room, 3-room and 4-room flats in the non-mature estates:
- i) 2-room flat: $60,000 (comprising AHG of $40,000 and SHG of $20,000 where applicable)
- ii) 3-room flat: $50,000 (comprising AHG of $30,000 and SHG of $20,000 where applicable)
- iii) 4-room flat: $35,000 (comprising AHG of $15,000 and SHG of $20,000 where applicable)
- iv) 5-room flat / 3Gen flat: $10,000 (AHG only)
- The actual grant amounts vary based on income and choice of flat type. Read more on various CPF Housing Grants available.
- # SAs are sold on a 30-year lease, beginning from the date of key collection. Prices are inclusive of the elderly-friendly fittings/finishes.
- @ Singles who apply under the Single Singapore Citizen Scheme will pay $15,000 more than the married couples. Eligible singles can also apply for AHG and SHG. The actual grant amounts will vary based on income. Read more on the various CPF Housing Grants available.
|Projects||Flat Type||Estimated Floor Area * (sqm)||Estimated|
|No. of units||Indicative #|
|Yung Ho Spring I & II (Standard Flats)||2-room@||38||36||88||$78,000 – $104,000|
|47||45||323||$99,000 – $125,000|
|3-room||68||65||230||$165,000 – $208,000|
|4-room||93||90||266||$257,000 – $321,000|
|Buangkok Square & Buangkok Edgeview (Standard Flats)||2-room@||38||36||63||$80,000 – $102,000|
|47||45||254||$105,000 – $130,000|
|3-room||68||65||116||$171,000 – $208,000|
|4-room||93||90||524||$268,000 – $326,000|
|5-room||113||110||179||$343,000 – $406,000|
|3Gen||120||115||56||$348,000 – $419,000|
|West Terra @ Bukit Batok|
|2-room@||38||36||126||$86,000 – $116,000|
|47||45||336||$109,000 – $142,000|
|3-room||67||65||261||$167,000 – $211,000|
|4-room||93||90||616||$269,000 – $344,000|
|5-room||113 – 115||110 – 112||454||$361,000 – $457,000|
|St George’s Towers|
|38||36||60||$116,000 – $134,000|
|47||45||91||$146,000 – $165,000|
|3-room||68||65||124||$328,000 – $388,000|
|4-room||92||90||463||$459,000 – $574,000|
- * Refers to the estimated area of the whole apartment, comprising the internal floor area and the air- conditioner ledge.
- ^ Refers to the estimated area of the apartment computed based on the centre line of the apartment wall.
- # Actual prices may vary based on the actual attributes of the flats at the time of selection. See Table B4 for details on the Optional Component Scheme.
- + SAs are sold on a 30-year lease, beginning from the date of key collection. Prices are inclusive of the elderly- friendly fittings/finishes.
- @ Singles who apply for the 2-room flats under the Single Singapore Citizen Scheme will pay $15,000 more than married couples.
Advice for Flat Buyers
Applicants are strongly advised to apply for a BTO flat in non-mature towns to enjoy a higher chance of success in securing a flat.
Regular updates on the number of applications submitted for the various flat types/towns will be published on the HDB InfoWEB. Applicants are advised to check for updates before submitting their application. Application for September 2014 BTO Exercise
Application for new flats launched in the September 2014 BTO exercise can be submitted online on the HDB InfoWEB from today, 24 September 2014 (Wednesday) to 30 September 2014 (Tuesday). Applicants can apply for only one flat type in one town. 11More details on application procedures can be found in Annex C (PDF 179KB).
For enquiries, the public can:
- Log on to esales.hdb.gov.sg; or
- E-mail hdbsales[at]mailbox.hdb.gov.sg; or –
- Visit the HDB Sales Office to speak with the Customer Relations Executives during office hours (Mon to Fri 8 am to 5 pm, Saturday 8 am to 1 pm).
BTO-cum-SBF Launch in November 2014
In November 2014, HDB will be having their next Sale of Balance Flats exercise which will offer about 4,290 BTO flats in Sembawang, Sengkang, Tampines and Yishun.
An additional 3,000 flats will be offered in a concurrent Sale of Balance Flats (SBF) exercise when the sale is held.
More information on the flats to be offered under the November 2014 BTO exercise is available on the HDB InfoWEB.
 HDB will set aside up to 15% of the SAs, 2-room and 3-room flats in a BTO project (subject to a minimum of 20 units each) for parents applying under MGPS. The same number of 2-room and bigger flats will be set aside in the same BTO project for their married children.
Other terms and conditions apply.
Sales on until30 Sep 2014
Get a FREE Samsonite Black Label Plutus 68cm Luggage worth S$950 (with min spend of S$500 per month, during the first 3 months from card issuance date) when you sign up for a HSBC Revolution credit card (w/ 2-year annual fees waiver) at www.hsbc.com.sg.