Samsung has announced the GALAXY Note 8.0; to introduce a new era of intelligent Note technology set to re-ignite the mid-size tablet category that Samsung established in 2010.
Providing unrivalled multimedia performance within a compact one-hand-grip screen, the GALAXY Note 8.0 has the power and advanced technology to evolve the tablet experience and ensure you achieve new levels of efficient multi-tasking while benefitting from superb voice call functionality. Furthermore, the intelligent S Pen brings together the latest innovation and the ease of using a traditional pen and paper; creating a sophisticated mobile experience that will enhance life on the go.
“With the launch of the first Samsung GALAXY Tab with 7 inch screen back in 2010, Samsung has opened a new chapter in the mobile industry, to meet the demands of the modern life,” said Irene Ng, Vice President, Marketing, Samsung Asia Pte Ltd.
“This year, we introduced the GALAXY Note 8.0, to breathe fresh life into the category to deliver the perfect fusion of portability and everyday productivity – the result is a pioneering, pocket-sized solution that enhances and enriches our everyday lives, whether at work or play,” added Irene.
At the core of the GALAXY Note 8.0’s innovative solutions are beneficial functions, including Multi Window to split the portable 8 inch screen and allow true multitasking experience between two apps; a new generation of Samsung’s intelligent S Pen with advanced usability; access to a suite of S Note templates and tools that allow you to create, edit, manage and share everyday documents. The Reading Mode feature transforms the GALAXY Note 8.0 into an e-Book reader, by optimising the display brightness, colour temperature and contrast ratio for ideal reading conditions without straining your eyes. The LTE version of the GALAXY Note 8.0 also enables voice calls.
A smart diary for life on the go
Slim and compact to become the perfect on-the-go work and play companion, the GALAXY Note 8.0 brings powerful performance and functionality to support even the most demanding of lifestyles. Designed to store and manage your personal and professional data efficiently, the new device gives users the perfect pocket-sized hands-on organisational tool. Practical S Note templates and S Planner feature help to manage everyday tasks, including meeting notes, to-do lists and even personal diary entries.
All content can be entered and updated with the finest of detail, thanks to the evolution of the intelligent Samsung S Pen. Enhanced precision is offered with Handwriting-to-Text conversion and advanced Productivity Tools that support formula and shape recognition are now available at the touch of your S Pen. Pop Up Note allows you to access S Note at any time to take notes while on a phone call.
New content and services
GALAXY Note 8.0 is packed with a suite of exciting pre-loaded content and apps specifically for the value maximising, mass multimedia consumer at no additional cost including, for the very first time on Samsung GALAXY tablet, the innovative Flipboard, and Awesome Note HD, an integrated application capable of unlimited note-taking uses including Memo, Diary and Must-remember lists. With a customised version of Flipboard, users can take the S Pen’s hover feature and preview article headers beneath Flipboard’s main screen tiles, and also have all news, social networks and other feeds come together in one stylish, flippable format.
Upgraded ChatON* provides easy instant messaging and group chatting in multiple formats – images, video, voice, contacts – for simple, enjoyable communication. With Peel Smart Remote, you can even turn it into a universal remote to control TVs, set-up boxes, DVD & Blu-ray players.
Apps which will be preloaded on the GALAXY Note 8.0 include:
- Club 21 – Access style and discover the latest trends featured in more than 200 brands, including a “What’s Nearby” feature exclusive on Android. A secure log-in allows Club 21 card members to access their accounts while on the go, to track their orders. New members can look to sign up to enjoy the full membership’s rewards and privileges
- Herworld PLUS – Get the latest news, views and reviews on Fashion, Shopping, Beauty from Singapore’s go-to website for women
- SPH Universal Android Smartphone App – Gain instant access to breaking stories, news updates, lifestyle and entertainment reports on this brand new app
- TODAY – Gain access to the latest news articles and breaking news including a social media sharing function and video elements which are exclusive to Android
- Catalog – Receive up-to-the-minute style and pop culture fix 24/7 and while on the go, enabled by CATALOG Magazine, the definitiveshoppingguide for consumers. Swipe, click and tap for insider fashion finds and scoops on the next big talents to watch wherever you are
- Nylon – Satisfy craving for all things Korean with NYLON SINGAPORE’s on-the-go app, filled with specially curated content on the latest Korean fashion, beauty, music and food
- Food &Travel – Check out the best food recommendations and locate the nearest restaurants around. Restaurants are segmented according to cuisine types and features the latest promotions and events, and get first-hand updates on Food & Travel’s happenings
- Escape – Discover the best cities to visit at a glance and plan an itinerary easily with a list of options to Eat, Sleep, See and Play
- The Work Files – Tailored for working professionals, this app provides tips on dressing, ideal places for business entertainment and tips for preparing homemade meals
A new age of S Pen intelligence
Optimised to aid personalised creativity, the Samsung S Pen has evolved to increase everyday usability and enhance creation expression. Embedded within the tablet, the S Pen is an extension of the GALAXY Note 8.0. The Page Buddy feature will suggest adapted menus that it thinks you will need when you remove the S Pen from the device.
S Pen technology is now so advanced that you can use the S Pen to control the physical menu/back buttons on the device with WACOM technology and with Air View, you only need to hover it over the screen to see previews of videos, emails, photos and appointments on S Planner without opening the file or application in full. Easy Clip allows images and content to be cropped, whilst Paper Artist allows photos to be artistically personalised.
Pricing and Availability
The GALAXY Note 8.0 will be available in Singapore, from 25 May 2013 in White at the following prices:
- GALAXY Note 8.0 With LTE: $788
- GALAXY Note 8.0 WiFi: $588
Exclusive GALAXY Note 8.0 accessories will also be available:
- Book cover: $68 (in white, dark gray, pink, lime green and garnet red)
- Travel adaptor: $38
- Bluetooth keyboard: $138
GALAXY Note 8.0 Product Specifications
|Network||LTE Band 3 (1800MHz)/ Band 7 (2600MHz)/ Band 8 (900MHz)/ Band 20 (800MHz)|
3.5G (HSPA+ up to 42.2Mbps)
3G (850/ 900/ 1900/ 2100MHz)
EDGE/ GPRS Class 12,
GSM Quad Band (850/ 900/ 1800/ 1900 MHz)*Only applies to the LTE version
|Processor||1.6GHz Quad Core Processor|
|Display||8″ WXGA (1280×800, 189 ppi) TFT LCD|
|OS||Android 4.1.2 (Jellybean)|
|Camera||Main(Rear): 5 Megapixel Camera|
Sub(Front): 1.3 Megapixel Camera
Codec: 3gp, MPEG4, H.264 (720p @ 30fps)
|Video||Codec: MPEG4, H.263, H.264, WMV, DivX (1080p Full HD video @|
|Audio||Codec: MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA, AC3, FLAC, 3.5mm Ear Jack, Stereo Speaker|
|S Pen Optimized|
|S Pen Experience|
– S Note, S Planner, Email with handwriting integration
– Quick Command, Easy Clip, Photo Note, Paper Artist
|Pop Up Note, Pop Up Play|
|Shape Match, Formula Match, Idea Sketch|
|Sharing Features||Samsung AllShareTM Play|
Samsung AllShareTM Cast (WiFi Display) – Mirroring & Extension
Samsung AllShareTM Framework
|Content Features & Services||Samsung Apps|
|Samsung Kies / Samsung Kies Air|
|Samsung ChatON mobile communication service (version 2.0)|
|Page Buddy/ Tag Buddy|
|Google SearchTM, Google MapsTM, GmailTM, Google LocalTM,|
Google PlayTM, Google Play MusicTM,
Google+TM, Google+ MessengerTM, YouTubeTM, Google TalkTM
|Awesome Note HD|
|GPS||A-GPS + GLONASS|
|Connectivity||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 & 5GHz), Wi-Fi Direct, AllShareTM Cast, BluetoothTM 4.0, USB2.0, MHL 2.0|
|Sensor||Accelerometer, Proximity, Geomagnetic, Light Sensor|
|Memory||2GB (RAM), 16GB|
microSD (up to 64GB)
|Dimension||210.8 X 135.9 X 7.95mm, 345g (LTE Version)|
210.8 X 135.9 X 7.95mm, 340g (WiFi Version)
|Battery||Standard battery, Li-ion 4,600mAh|
*All functionality, features, specifications and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation.
*Gmail, Google Maps, Google Local, Google Search, Google Talk, Google+, Google+ Messenger, Google Play, Google Play Music, YouTube and Android are trademarks of Google Inc. BluetoothTM is a registered trademark of BluetoothTM SIG, Inc.
Get a FREE 28" Luggage + Up to $168 Cash Rebate (with NO Annual Fees ever!) when you apply for a ANZ Switch Card at www.anz.com.sg. T&Cs apply