|Starts||16 Jul 2015 (Thu)||Ends||19 Jul 2015 (Sun)|
With the Hari Raya Puasa coming up on 17 July 2015, traffic flow through the land checkpoints at Woodlands and Tuas is expected to be heavy.
Travellers intending to use the land checkpoints during the peak periods should take note of the following messages:
Traffic is Expected to be Heavy at Both Checkpoints
Traffic volume at the two land checkpoints is expected to build up from Thursday (16 July 2015) and will continue till Sunday (19 July 2015). Travellers using the land checkpoints during this period can expect delays.
For departure, traffic at both checkpoints is expected to be particularly heavy on 16 July 2015 and 17 July 2015.
For arrival, traffic at both checkpoints is expected to be particularly heavy on 19 July 2015.
Travellers Have a Part to Play
With security checks, traffic build-up is inevitable, especially when a large number of travellers use the checkpoints at the same time. To avoid a surge of travellers and vehicles seeking clearance at the land checkpoints, travellers are advised to adjust their travel plans if possible.
Useful Tips When Using the Checkpoint:
- Travellers are encouraged to car-pool where possible.
- Drivers should maintain lane discipline at all times.
- Eligible users (Singaporeans, Singapore Permanent Residents and Long Term Pass holders) are encouraged to use the enhanced Immigration Automated Clearance System (eIACS) lanes at the bus halls for immigration clearance.
- Travellers are to ensure that they are carrying their own and valid passports before presenting them for immigration clearance at the checkpoints; and
- Travellers are to make sure that they do not bring unlawful or prohibited goods into or out of Singapore. The list of controlled and prohibited items can be found on ICA’s website http://www.ica.gov.sg
Motorists are advised to check on the traffic situation at both land checkpoints before embarking on their journey.
Travellers leaving Singapore by Woodlands or Tuas Checkpoint will be able to know in advance the traffic situation from LTA’s Expressway Monitoring & Advisory System (EMAS) installed along the AYE and BKE respectively.
For more Traffic Information:
- Call the traffic information hotline at 6863-0117;
- Tune in to the radio for the latest traffic conditions;
- Visit LTA’s One Motoring website (http://www.onemotoring.com.sg) or MyTransport.SG portal (MyTransport.SG) to check the latest traffic conditions before embarking on your journey.
Clearance Efficiency Without Compromising Security
5. The ICA will continue to take the necessary measures to improve clearance efficiency as much as possible without compromising security. We seek travellers’ understanding and cooperation when using the land checkpoints during the peak period.
Other terms and conditions apply.
Sales on 16 – 19 Jul 2015
Get a FREE Samsonite Black Label Richmond Spinner 75cm Luggage worth S$950 (with min S$1,000 spend within a month from card issuance) when you sign up for a HSBC Visa Platinum credit card (w/ 2-year annual fees waiver) at www.hsbc.com.sg.