|Starts||13 Feb 2015 (Fri)||Ends||22 Feb 2015 (Sun)|
With the Lunar New Year holiday coming up on 19 February 2015, traffic flow through the land checkpoints at Woodlands and Tuas is expected to be heavy.
Travellers intending to use the land checkpoints during the peak periods should take note of the following information:
Traffic is Expected to be Heavy at Both Checkpoints
Traffic volume at the two land checkpoints is expected to build up from Friday (13 February 2015) and will continue till Sunday (22 February 2015).
Travellers using the land checkpoints during this period can expect delays.
- For departure, traffic is expected to be particularly heavy on 17 and 18 February – two days before the Lunar New Year holiday period.
- For arrival, traffic is expected to be particularly heavy on 21 and 22 February 2015 – the weekend of the Lunar New Year holiday period.
Travellers Have a Part to Play
With security checks, traffic build-up is inevitable, especially when a large number of travellers use the checkpoints at the same time.
To avoid a surge of travellers and vehicles seeking clearance at the land checkpoints, travellers are advised to adjust their travel plans if possible.
Useful Tips When Using the Checkpoint
- Travellers are encouraged to car-pool when possible.
- Drivers should maintain lane discipline at all times.
- Eligible users (Singaporeans, Singapore Permanent Residents and Long Term Pass holders) are encouraged to use the enhanced Immigration Automated Clearance System (eIACS) lanes at the bus halls for immigration clearance.
- Travellers are to ensure that they are carrying their own and valid passports before presenting them for immigration clearance at the checkpoints; and
- Travellers are to make sure that they do not bring unlawful or prohibited goods into or out of Singapore. The list of controlled and prohibited items can be found on ICA’s website http://www.ica.gov.sg
Motorists are advised to check on the traffic situation at both land checkpoints before embarking on their journey.
Travellers leaving Singapore by Woodlands or Tuas Checkpoint will be able to know in advance the traffic situation from LTA’s Expressway Monitoring & Advisory System (EMAS) installed along the AYE and BKE respectively.
For more Traffic Information:
- Call the traffic information hotline at 6863-0117;
- Tune in to the radio for the latest traffic conditions;
- Visit LTA’s One Motoring website (www.onemotoring.com.sg) or MyTransport.SG portal (MyTransport.SG) to check the latest traffic conditions before embarking on your journey.
Event on 13 – 22 Feb 2015
Get a FREE 28" Luggage + Up to $168 Cash Rebate (with NO Annual Fees ever!) when you apply for a ANZ Switch Card at www.anz.com.sg. T&Cs apply