With Hari Raya Puasa coming up on 28 July 2014, traffic flow through the land checkpoints at Woodlands and Tuas is expected to be heavy.
Travellers intending to use the land checkpoints during the peak periods should take note of the following information
Traffic volume at the two land checkpoints is expected to build up from Friday (25 July 2014) and will continue till Monday (28 July 2014).
Travellers using the land checkpoints during these periods can expect delays.
- Departure traffic at both checkpoints is expected to be heavy from 25 July to 27 July.
- For arrival, traffic at both checkpoints is expected to be particularly heavy from 25 July to 28 July.
- Travellers departing Singapore are advised not to travel by foot to the Woodlands Checkpoint during this peak period but to make use of public transport instead.
With security checks, traffic build-up is inevitable, especially when a large number of travellers use the checkpoints at the same time.
To avoid a surge of travellers and vehicles seeking clearance at the land checkpoints, travellers are advised to adjust their travel plans if possible.
Drivers should car-pool and maintain lane discipline at all times.
Eligible users (Singaporeans, Singapore Permanent Residents and Long Term Pass holders) are encouraged to use the enhanced Immigration Automated Clearance System (eIACS) lanes at the bus halls for immigration clearance.
Travellers are to ensure that they are carrying their own passports before presenting them for immigration clearance at the checkpoints; and
Travellers are to make sure that they do not bring unlawful or prohibited goods into or out of Singapore. The list of controlled and prohibited items can be found on ICA’s website
Motorists are advised to check on the traffic situation at both land checkpoints before setting off your trip.
Travellers leaving Singapore by Woodlands or Tuas Checkpoint will be able to know in advance the traffic situation from LTA’s Expressway Monitoring & Advisory System (EMAS) installed along the AYE and BKE respectively.
- Call the traffic information hotline at 6863-0117; or
- Listen to TrafficWatch on the radio; or
- Visit LTA’s One Motoring website (www.onemotoring.com.sg) or MyTransport.SG portal (MyTransport.SG) to check the latest traffic conditions before embarking on your journey.
Get a FREE 28" Luggage + Up to $168 Cash Rebate (with NO Annual Fees ever!) when you apply for a ANZ Switch Card at www.anz.com.sg. T&Cs apply