SP Services has launched a new mobile app as part of a joint pilot between SP Services, EMA and PUB to help consumers reduce energy and water consumption, lower their utilities bill and conserve the environment.
During the pilot, the new app is available to about 310,000 consumers who have registered an online SP utilities account as of 15 September 2014.
These consumers may download the app from the iTunes or Google Play Store from today to access features ranging from their historical consumption data to usage audits. Eligible users will be informed by SP Services via email by 16 January 2015.
Some of the key functionalities are
- Retrieve historical bills and payment details
- Utilities usage information
- Submit meter reading
- Open and close utilities account
- Update personal particulars
- Database of utility conservation tips
- Access e!Chat through the mobile app
The features of the new app include:
- Home Utilities Audit: This lets users check the estimated utilities usage of their appliances at home and find out which are consuming the most energy and water. They can then set a savings target for their future bills. The app will provide steps on how to reduce their energy and water consumption to achieve those targets.
- Past consumption and peer comparison: Users can compare their energy and water consumption against the average and most efficient consumption of their neighbours. Users can also view their own past consumption over the last six months. Selected participants on the pilot will also receive a new e-bill or hardcopy letter providing this information.
The pilot will run from January to April 2015. SP Services will use the results arising from this pilot to study how consumers respond to enhanced information feedback relating to energy and water usage before rolling out the application nationwide.
Besides the two features above, all users of My Utilities Portal will also be able to perform common utility transactions on-the-go via the app, from viewing their bill and payment history to updating mailing addresses.
Members of the public who have questions about the pilot can email or call the SP Services’ hotline at 1800 738 2000. A demo video on the new app can be found at SP Services’ website at www.singaporepower.com.sg/SPServicesMobile.
Get get up to $138 cashback when you apply for Standard Chartered card at www.sc.com. Plus enjoy 2 years fee waiver and 1-for-1 privileges at Swensen’s, The Fullerton Hotel & more!