|Starts||13 Oct 2013 (Sun)||Ends||3 Nov 2013 (Sun)|
In the spirit of Deepavali festive celebrations, SingPost will offer special postage rates for festive greeting cards posted in Singapore and to overseas from 13 October to 3 November 2013.
This is the 12th year that SingPost is offering customers festive postage rates for stamped and franked mail. Festive postage rates are only applicable to stamped and franked mail.
Festive Postage Rates
Local delivery of greeting cards
SingPost’s festive rate for a greeting card of any size, shape or colour to a local address is S$0.26 (for weight up to 20 grams) and S$0.32 (for weight up to 40 grams) respectively, down from the usual postage rate of $0.50 for non-standard greeting cards.
Greeting cards posted to overseas
The festive rate for a greeting card of up to 40 grams posted to anywhere in the world (except Malaysia and Brunei) is S$0.55, a saving of S$0.60 to S$1.25 depending on the destination. Postage rates for greeting cards posted to Malaysia and Brunei remain unchanged at S$0.45 (for weight of up to 20 grams) and S$0.55 (for weight of up to 50 grams).
Customers can purchase stamps for their greeting cards at any post office, Self-service
Automated Machines (SAM), postal agents and stamp vendors located islandwide.
Mailing and Packing Tips
SingPost would like to advise customers to post their greeting cards early to ensure that the cards are delivered on time. It also advises customers to ensure that addresses are correct and complete. Mail items may not reach their recipients or may be delayed due to factors such as incorrect or incomplete addresses.
Guidelines for addressing envelopes and packages
Some mailing tips to prevent delays to items include:
- Ensuring that the recipient’s address is written clearly, correctly and completely.
- Indicating the return address on the back of the envelope, on the flap.
- Affixing stamps on the top right-hand corner of the envelope.
- Ensuring the correct postage.
- Using the correct 6-Digit postal code for local addresses.
- Using a bigger font size, preferably font size 12.
- Avoiding printing in colour or wordings within the clear zone of the envelope. front of envelope back of envelope
Helpful packaging tips
Customers can consider the following when preparing packages:
- Use good quality packaging materials, for example select a box that is strong enough to protect the contents. Leave space for cushioning inside the carton.
- Cushion contents appropriately, for example with bubble wrap or foam to avoid damage during shipping.
- Wrap each item separately when packing more than one item in the same box.
- Pack tightly to avoid shifting.
- Always use tape that is designed for shipping, such as pressure-sensitive tape, nylon-reinforced craft paper tape, or fiberglass-reinforced pressure-sensitive tape. Do not use wrapping paper, string, masking tape or cellophane tape.
2013 Festive Promotional Rates for Greeting Cards
LOCAL MAIL RATES
|Weight||Normal Rate||Festive Rate|
|20g||1st Local (S$0.26) (Standard)||S$0.50 (Non-standard)||1st Local (S$0.26)|
|40g||2nd Local (S$0.32) (Standard)||2nd Local (S$0.32)|
INTERNATIONAL MAIL RATES
|Destination||Weight Step||Normal Rate||Festive Rate|
|Zone 1Malaysia & Brunei||20g||S$0.45||S$0.45|
|Zone 2Countries in Asia & the Pacific (except Australia, Japan & New Zealand)||1st 20g||S$0.65||S$0.55Up to 40g|
|Zone 3Countries in the rest of the world, including Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Africa, America, Europe & the Middle East.||1st 20g||S$1.10||S$0.55 Up to 40g|
|addl. 10g||S$0.35||S$0.55 Up to 40g|
* The above promotional rates are only applicable for stamped and franked mail during the festive period between 13 October and 3 November 2013.
Get $120 cashback when you apply for a Citibank card at www.citibank.com.sg. Plus get additional welcome vouchers when you apply for a Citibank Rewards Visa Card!