Deposits have a much lower risk as compared to other volatile products. They offer a better peace of mind and a higher level of assurance that your money will always be there
Note: Terms & conditions apply for the following promotions. Be sure to read in detail before going in for it.
In a heavily summarised definition:
- Fixed / Time deposits require you to place funds (usually fresh funds) in a account for a specified amount of time
- Incremental balance promotions require you to increase your average balance of your account from a defined period with fresh funds.
- Fresh funds refer to funds transferred from accounts outside the bank. Over-the-counter or machine cash deposits are usually fine too but do take note banks may charge for large cash deposits
Newer promotions are added to the bottom of the list
- Singapore Savings Bonds – Government Security; High p.a.; Min $500; Requires free CDP account; No penalty for early withdrawal; Interest payments every 6 months after issuance
- CIMB StarSaver Account 0.8% p.a. on the entire account balance (min $5,000 balance)
- CIMB FastSaver Account now offers up to 1.80% p.a. on your first $100K deposit! From 15 Sep 2019
- OCBC: Earn up to 1.55% p.a. with 12 mths time deposit from 6 Oct 2019
- Standard Chartered: Earn up to 1.90% p.a. when you deposit fresh funds into eSaver from 1 Dec 2019 – 31 Jan 2020
- ICBC: Earn up to 1.70% p.a. with SGD Fixed Deposit from 10 December 2019
- Hong Leong Finance: Earn up to 1.73% p.a. with their latest fixed deposits promotion from 2 Jan (NEW)
- UOB: Earn 1.65% p.a. for 10-mth SGD fixed deposits till 31 Jan (NEW)
- Maybank: Earn up to 1.75% p.a. with the latest SGD Time Deposit promo from 1 Jan (NEW)
- Maybank: Enjoy 1.60% p.a. on 12-month SGD Time Deposit from 1 Jan (NEW)
- Standard Chartered: Earn 1.55% p.a. with 10-mth time deposits from 1 – 31 Jan (NEW)
- Sing Investments & Finance: Earn up to 1.75% p.a. with latest fixed deposit promotion from 31 Dec (NEW)
- CIMB Bank: Earn 1.30% to 1.80% p.a. with latest SGD fixed deposit promo till 31 January 2020 (NEW)
- Singapore Savings Bond (SSB): Earn up to 1.75% p.a. in the latest bond! Apply by 28 January 2020 (NEW)
- ICBC: Earn up to 1.70% p.a. with SGD Fixed Deposit from 9 January 2020 (NEW)
- UOB: Earn up to 1.50% p.a. with latest Fresh Funds deposit promo valid from 1 to 31 Jan (NEW)
Found a good offer? Share it in the comments below!
Apply for the Citi Cash Back Card credit card and get S$120 cash back when you apply and spend! Visit www.citibank.com.sg!