|Starts||2 Jul 2018 (Mon)||Ends||26 Jul 2018 (Thu)|
Earn up to 2.57% p.a. with a minimum $500 in Aug 2018’s Singapore Savings Bond
- Minimum per bond: $500
- Maximum per bond: NONE
- Maximum individual holding: $100,000
A safe and flexible way to save for the long term. Savings Bonds are a special type of Singapore Government Securities that is suitable for individuals. Your principal investment and interest payments are backed by the full faith and credit of the Singapore Government.
You will always get your principal back when investing in Savings Bonds. Once a Savings Bond is issued, interest rate changes will have no effect on the bond’s value.
They complement other savings and investments as a safe way to save for the long term.
- Safe – Savings Bonds are fully backed by the Singapore Government. In addition, you can always get your investment amount back in full with no capital losses.
- Long-term – Invest for up to ten years, with interest that increases over time. The longer you save, the higher your return.
- Flexible – Or, choose to exit your investment in any given month, with no penalties. There is no need to decide on a specific investment period at the start.
|Amount available||$250 million|
|Issue date||1 Aug 2018|
|Maturity date(1)||1 Aug 2028|
|Interest payment dates(1)||The 1st interest payment will be made on 1 Feb 2019, and subsequently every six months on 1 Aug and 1 Feb every year.|
|Investment amounts||You can invest a minimum of $500, and in multiples of $500. The total amount of Savings Bonds held across all issues cannot be more than $100,000.|
|Application period||Opens: 6.00pm, 2 Jul 2018|
Closes: 9.00pm, 26 Jul 2018
Results: After 3.00pm, 27 Jul 2018
Keep track of the important dates with the SSB calendar.
|Apply through||DBS/POSB, OCBC and UOB ATMs and Internet Banking, OCBC Mobile Application from 7.00am – 9.00pm, Mon – Sat, excluding Public Holidays. On 2 Jul 2018, these channels will be open from 6.00pm to 9.00pm. CPF and SRS funds are not eligible.|
This bond will be reflected as “SBAUG18 GX18080F” in your CDP statement and “CDP-SBAUG18” in your bank statement.
|Year from issue date||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10|
|Average return per year, %*||1.78||1.97||2.10||2.21||2.29||2.37||2.43||2.48||2.52||2.57|
* At the end of each year, on a compounded basis
Calculate the interest you will earn based on your desired investment amount using the Interest Calculator.
(1)If this day is not a business day, payment will be made on the next business day.
For more info, click here
Get $120 cashback when you apply for a Citibank card at www.citibank.com.sg!