|Starts||11 Jan 2022 (Tue)||Ends||31 Jan 2022 (Mon)|
|SINGPromos is now on Telegram|
Six banks will implement an online reservation system to facilitate the exchange of new notes.
(This article will be updated with more info as it becomes available – last updated 4 Jan)
This initiative will complement safe management measures currently in place due to COVID-19.
Customers of DBS, OCBC, UOB and Standard Chartered (except those aged 60 and above and persons with disabilities) who prefer exchanging new notes will have to pre-book the notes through the respective bank’s online reservation system before collecting at the branches. Maybank and Citibank are also offering pre-booking of notes and customers are encouraged to pre-book online before collecting at the branches. Notes can also be withdrawn without any prior booking at pop-up ATMs offered by DBS and selected UOB’s ATMs.
New notes will be set aside for the elderly (aged 60 and above) and persons with disabilities for walk-in exchange at bank branches.
The pre-booking period for new and good-as-new notes will commence from 4 January 2022. The collection for notes pre-booked online, the walk-in option for the elderly (aged 60 and above) and persons with disabilities, and withdrawal at DBS’ pop-up ATMS and selected UOB’s ATMs will start from 11 January 2022.
Except for elderly aged 60 and above and persons with disabilities, pre-booking is required before visiting the branches of local banks
- DBS Bank Limited / POSB
- Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation Limited
- United Overseas Bank Limited
Notes can also be withdrawn without a prior booking at DBS’ pop-up ATMs and selected UOB’s ATMs
Pre-booking is offered by these non-local banks:
- Standard Chartered Bank (Singapore) Limited (pre-booking required)
- Maybank Singapore Limited (pre-booking for $2 and $10 Fortune bundles only)
- Citibank Singapore Limited (pre-booking strongly encouraged)
Notes are also available at:
- Bangkok Bank Public Company Limited
- Bank of America, National Association
- Bank of China Limited
- Bank of India
- BNP Paribas
- CIMB Bank Berhad
- Deutsche Bank Aktiengesellschaft
- First Commercial Bank, Limited
- Habib Bank Limited
- HL Bank
- HSBC Bank (Singapore) Limited
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Limited Singapore Branch
- KEB Hana BankMUFG Bank Limited
- PT Bank Negara Indonesia (Persero) Tbk
- RHB Bank Berhad
- State Bank of India
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
- The Bank of East Asia Limited
- UCO Bank
Click on a link to jump to a specific section
Looking to exchange new notes for your ang baos this Lunar New Year? Simply reserve the Fortune Bundle online via classic Maybank Online Banking, and you can skip the queue and collect the new notes at your preferred branch.
Online order starts from 4 January 2022 at 9am. Visit maybank.sg/fortune for details. Terms and Conditions apply.
- First order period from: 4 January 2022, 9am (while stocks last)
- Second order period from: 10 January 2022, 9am (while stocks last)
Each Fortune Bundle comprises the following:
- S$2 x 100pcs
- S$10 x 30pcs
- Total Value: S$500 (Each customer is entitled to one order of up to 2 bundles.)
How to order?
- Login to Classic Maybank Online Banking.
- New to Classic Maybank Online Banking, click here for instructions on how to perform First-Time Login.
- Please note that LNY Fortune Bundle is only available on the Classic Maybank Online Banking.
- Go to “Settings” and select “Order Lunar New Year (LNY) Fortune Bundle”.
- Select the quantity.
- Select “Collection Branch”.
- Collect your LNY Fortune Bundle(s) from the selected “Collection Branch” from the next business day, between 11 January 2022 and 30 January 2022. Please bring along your identification document (e.g. NRIC) and a copy of the email confirmation (printed or screenshot).
You can place only one order of up to 2 LNY Fortune Bundles during the entire order period.
Lunar New Year notes and ang baos (red packets) are available from 11 January 2022 at all branches (except MSpace at Maybank), with safe distancing measures. The first banking hour of each branch is reserved for elderly persons above 60, or persons with special needs.
Notes Exchange Limit (Up to S$2,000 per customer)
new / good-as-new
|Up to S$400|
|S$10||Up to S$600|
|S$5 / S$50||Up to S$1,000|
Collection for LNY Fortune Bundle
- You can collect the LNY Fortune Bundle from the selected branch from the next business day between 11 January 2022 and 30 January 2022.
- Bring along your identification document (e.g. NRIC) and a copy of the email confirmation (printed or screenshot).
- In view of the current Covid-19 pandemic, please check the Maybank website on the collection branch opening hours and important notice for unscheduled closure of collection branch for deep cleaning.
For more info, click here.
OCBC will be releasing three booking windows, starting from 4 January! Book a slot at ocbc.com/cnynewnotes and get your booking confirmed instantaneously.
Please note that only customers aged 60 years old and above or customers with disabilities will be allowed to walk in to OCBC Bank branches to exchange new notes without any prior online reservations.
Each customer is only allowed to make one booking online and will not be able to amend the booking after confirmation. For an optimised booking experience, do not use Internet Explorer as your browser.. Subject to availability. T&Cs apply.
|Booking window||Collection period|
|4 – 6 January||11 – 17 January|
|11 – 13 January||18 – 24 January|
|18 – 20 January||25 – 31 January|
Denominations available for exchange
- S$2 Available in multiples of 100. Limit S$200
- S$10 Available in multiples of 10. Limit S$500
- S$50 Available in multiples of 2. Limit S$1,200
- Overall limit S$1,200
For more info, click here.
Customers will need to bring along their original ID document for verification. Customers can choose to do a cash exchange or debit the amount from their OCBC Bank deposit account. Collection of the reserved new notes can only be performed during the selected timeslot at the selected branch, and on the selected date
Upon reaching their selected branch, customers will be given a queue ticket to be served by a teller. Collection must be done in person.
Only customers aged 60 years old and above or customers with disabilities will be allowed to walk in to OCBC Bank branches to change new notes without any prior online reservations
For more info, click here.
If you prefer giving out physical red packets, new notes may be reserved online from 4 January 2022. Please reserve your new notes online before coming to the branch.
Reservation and collection dates are as follows, on a first-come-first served basis, and subject to availability:
- First reservation window period opens on 4 January for collection from 11 to 15 January.
- Second window period opens on 10 January for collection from 17 to 22 January.
- Last window period opens on 17 January for collection from 24 to 29 January.
Where online slots are available for reservation, the earliest collection date available would be 2 business days ahead (excluding Sundays). The last day for online reservation is scheduled on 27 January 2022. However, in the event that all reservation slots are fully taken up prior to 27 January, the online reservation portal will close without prior notice to customers.
Customers can access the new notes reservation form via UOB Personal Internet Banking or UOB TMRW app by following these simple steps, before confirming the appointment:
- Step 1: Key in name, last 4 alphanumeric characters of NRIC/PP and mobile number
- Step 2: Select notes denominations
- Step 3: Select preferred branch, date and time of appointment
- Step 4: Click on ‘Send OTP’ and key in a valid OTP sent to your mobile number
- Step 5: Click on ‘Verify OTP’
There will be a confirmation page and SMS sent to your mobile number once the reservation is successful.
In view of limited allocation of new notes to banks and to enable more customers to exchange new notes, each customer is allowed only up to the following amount and denominations:
- New $2 notes: $200 only
- New $10 notes: Up to $500 (in multiples of $100)
- New $50 notes: Up to $500 (in multiples of $100)
- Maximum amount: Up to $1,200 only
Customers can only collect the notes that they have reserved at their selected branch and reservation timing. Failure to keep to the appointment slot will forfeit the reservation.
Collection must be done in person with NRIC or passport for verification. Exchange may be made either with cash or debit from the customer’s current or savings account on the day of collection.
For more info, click here.
To reserve a slot at DBS/POSB branches for new notes collection and exchange, click here.
Pop-Up ATM will be available at 45 locations island wide during the Chinese New Year season starting from 11 Jan to 30 Jan, 10am to 10pm, and 31 Jan, 10am to 1pm.
To help customers avoid crowded areas, DBS has revamped the new notes ATM map locator to include guidance on estimated wait times at each location. Please click here to view the full list of new notes pop-up ATMs and self-service locations.
Maximum of 3 withdrawals of new notes during the Chinese New Year period for any of the available options below, subject to your ATM/Debit Card daily withdrawal limit
|Amount & Denominations|
|Option 1||$100 = $2 x 50 pcs|
|Option 2||$300 = $10 x 30 pcs|
|Option 3||$500 = $50 x 10 pcs|
|Option 4||$600 = $10 x 20 pcs + $50 x 8 pcs|
|No||Community Clubs||Address||Postal Code|
|1||Anchorvale CC||59 Anchorvale Rd||544965|
|2||Bedok CC||850 New Upper Changi Rd||467352|
|3||Bukit Panjang CC||8 Pending Road||678295|
|4||Ci Yuan CC||51 Hougang Ave 9||538776|
|5||Clementi CC||220 Clementi Ave 4||129880|
|6||Henderson CC||500 Bukit Merah View||159682|
|7||Keat Hong CC||2 Choa Chu Kang Loop||689687|
|8||Macpherson CC||400 Paya Lebar Way||379131|
|9||Pasir Ris Elias CC||93 Pasir Ris Drive 3||519498|
|10||Taman Jurong CC||1 Yung Sheng Road||618495|
|11||Tampines West CC||5 Tampines Ave 3||529705|
|12||Teck Ghee CC||861 Ang Mo Kio Ave 10||569734|
|13||Toa Payoh Central CC||93 Toa Payoh Central||319194|
|14||Whampoa CC||300 Whampoa Dr||327737|
|15||Yuhua CC||90 Boon Lay Way||609958|
Please note that Self-Service Branches will not be in service outside of the operating hours due to COVID measures.
|No||Self-Service/Financial Planning Branches||Address||Postal Code|
|1||DBS Alexandra||460 Alexandra Road, #02-17||119963|
|2||DBS Great World City||1 Kim Seng Promenade #01-126 Great World City||237994|
|3||DBS Marina Bay Sands||10 Bayfront Avenue #01-30, The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands||018972|
|4||DBS Raffles Place||22 Malacca St, #01-00, RB Capital Building||048980|
|5||DBS Serangoon Garden||20 Maju Ave||556694|
|6||DBS Takashimaya||391 Orchard Rd #B2-21-23, Takashimaya Shopping Centre Ngee Ann City||238872|
|7||POSB Ang Mo Kio North||Blk 629 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 4 #01-1018||560629|
|8||POSB Boon Lay||10 Boon Lay Place #01-06 Boon Lay CC||649882|
|9||POSB Bukit Batok West||153 Bukit Batok West Street 11 #01-290/292||650153|
|10||POSB Buona Vista||43 Holland Dr, #01-59||270043|
|11||POSB Canberra CC||2 Sembawang Crescent #01-02 Canberra CC||757632|
|12||POSB Eastpoint||3 Simei Street 6, #01-24, Eastpoint Mall||528833|
|13||POSB Jurong East Central||21 Jurong Gateway Road #01-03, CPF Jurong||609646|
|14||POSB Jurong West||501 Jurong West Street 51, #01-279||640501|
|15||POSB Kampung Admiralty||676 Woodlands Drive 71, #01-K1, Kampung Admiralty||730676|
|16||POSB Kampong Ubi||301 Ubi Avenue 1 #01-257||400301|
|17||POSB Nanyang Estate||Blk 960 Jurong West St 92 #01-174||640960|
|18||POSB Potong Pasir CC||6 Potong Pasir Ave 2 #01-02 Potong Pasir CC||358361|
|19||POSB Rivervale Plaza||118 Rivervale Dr #01-21||540118|
|20||POSB Serangoon Central||254 Serangoon Central Drive #01-203||550254|
|21||POSB Tampines East||201A Tampines Street 21, #01-1051||521201|
|22||POSB Tampines Hub||51 Tampines Avenue 4, Unit #B1-20, Tampines Hub||529684|
|23||POSB Tanjong Pagar||1 Tanjong Pagar Plaza, #01-41||082001|
|24||POSB Toa Payoh HDB Hub 24/7||Toa Payoh Lorong 6, 520 #02-50||310520|
|25||POSB Toa Payoh North||Blk 107 Toa Payoh Lor 1 #01-266||310107|
|26||POSB Woodlands West||303 Woodlands St 31 #01-191/195||730303|
|27||POSB Yew Tee||61 Choa Chu Kang Dr, #01-04||689715|
|28||POSB Yishun Central||926 Yishun Central 1 #01-183/185||760926|
|29||POSB Yishun North||Blk 290 Yishun St 22 #01-401||760290|
|30||POSB Zhenghua CC||1 Segar Road #01-06 Zhenghua CC||677738|
Click here to view the full list of new notes pop-up ATMs and self-service locations as well as updates on estimated wait times