|SINGPromos is now on Telegram. Click here to follow us now|
NTUC FairPrice (FairPrice), today announced the opening of its largest FairPrice Xtra hypermarket and Unity Pharmacy outlet at VivoCity.
The one-stop integrated retail space, spanning over 90,000 square feet, features innovative retail technology to create a more convenient and engaging shopping experience, an extensive array of over 35,000 products, and a wide range of services such as food preparation, dine-in, and bicycle and luggage repair services, including a dedicated play area for kids to provide a unique shopping experience.
Built around the theme of urban heritage, the store features culture-inspired designs such as Peranakan motifs and banana leaves to create a nostalgic yet modern style that incorporates pockets of engaging and visually striking features such an Instagram-worthy ice cream truck, an indoor farm, and a kids play castle among other interesting highlights.
Unique food experience
Designed to delight and engage, the new FairPrice Xtra at VivoCity offers a unique range of products catering to the varied customer mix at VivoCity.
Within the fresh food areas, the farm-to-table concept comes to life where vegetables are freshly grown within the store utilising the latest innovative urban farming methods, live seafood can be fished out of large display tanks, and bread is baked fresh daily in-store to provide shoppers with the freshest products.
Food preparation service is also available where foods such as vegetables, meats, and seafood can be processed and prepared for fuss-free home cooking. Dine-in areas are also available where customers may pick their favourite seafood or meat cuts and have them cooked and consumed in-store, in between grocery shopping runs. To cater to increasingly busy lifestyles, a wide selection of ready-to-eat meals are available for shoppers to choose from. Other food products and services include:
- Dine-in: Gastronomy The Kitchen including Culina, Reverse Beer Tap, Tiong Hoe Coffee, and The Sushi Shop
- Wines, spirits and beers: A wide assortment of wines from around the world is available, including craft beers and spirits such as Vina Maipo Limited Edition Syrah, Saltaire Blonde Pale Ale and Kura 12 yrs Single Malt
- Ice cream truck: An extensive selection of ice cream is offered, including brands such as Lotte, Morinaga, Imuraya, Marunaga, Kochi Ice
- Premium and organic, foods, and a large international selection and imports are available for quality seekers, and expatriates and well-travelled Singaporeans
- Loose bulk food: An array of grain, nuts, spices, pasta are also available “loose” where customers may purchase only what they need, which is part of a wider initiative to reduce packaging and minimise food waste
Leveraging technology to enhance shopping
Utilising technology to provide a seamless omni-channel experience, the new FairPrice Xtra will feature an “endless aisle” concept, which virtually enhances the variety and range of products available to the customers. The pilot project will allow customers to purchase products that are not featured in-store and have the products shipped to the store or their homes. This feature will be available later in the year.
A new “scan and go” mobile app also enables customers to shop with ease where they can scan and pay for their products through their smart phones, and skip the check-out queue. This feature will be available to customers in September.
To boost productivity, the store utilises automated robot cleaners, developed by local company Lionsbot International to sweep and mop the floors. This system saves the store up to 12 hours in manpower daily.
FairPrice Xtra at VivoCity also features distinct zones that group merchandise and activities based on specific shopper needs.
Due to VivoCity’s proximity to Sentosa and the beach, a leisure and hobbies zone has been created to provide greater convenience to beach goers and leisure makers with relevant offerings such as BBQ equipment, gardening supplies and a wide assortment of bicycles including a bicycle repair and servicing zone. The special tourist section also sells local delights, memorabilia, luggage, travel needs, and provides luggage repair services.
For baby and childcare needs, there is a wide range of products and services, including a nursing room for mothers and a dedicated play space for children. The Mum and Kids area at Unity also stocks a range of well-known babycare brands.
For health and wellness needs, the Unity Pharmacy store provides personal care, wellness, senior care and adult nutrition products. Personalised pharmacy services and healthcare advice are provided by a licensed pharmacist, while the iDOC service allows customers to seek medical advice from doctors remotely. Other healthcare and beauty services include:
- Healthcare and wellness services: General wellness advice, body composition analysis, blood pressure measurement and lifestyle management advice by a nutritionist, including pregnancy and lactation advice.
- Health Report: Wellness specialist and specialised equipment available to provide shoppers with a printed basic health report, coupled with wellness counselling
- Beauty Studio: Customers can have their skin analysed and experience virtual make-up digital tools themselves or with the help of Unity beauty advisors, who will be able to provide make up and beauty tips.
FairPrice Xtra at VivoCity is located on two floors at 1 Harbourfront Walk, VivoCity mall, #01-23 and #B2-23, Singapore 098585. The basement level offers all food-related products and services while the first level stocks all non-food products and services, including Unity Pharmacy.
The FairPrice Xtra store is open from 8.00am to 11.00pm daily while the Unity Pharmacy store is open 9.00am to 10.30pm (dispensing hours: 10.00am to 9.30pm).
Fairprice Vivocity Opening Specials up to 14 August 2019
Click on image to enlarge