|Starts||30 Jul 2016 (Sat)||Ends||31 Jul 2016 (Sun)|
|Location||Chinatown Food Street|
|SINGPromos is now on Telegram. Click here to follow us now|
The highly anticipated Singapore Food Festival (SFF) returns to Chinatown Food Street for the third year running!
The refreshed Chinatown Food Street (CFS) celebrates the assembly of specialty dishes from main Chinese dialects and the different races in Singapore, all under one roof.
The 50 Cents Fest will transport guests back to 1950/60s Singapore, as the entire food street transforms into a nostalgic “pasar” or street hawker scene.
Set against a realistic backdrop, visitors can indulge in sumptuous local fare comprising more than 30 iconic traditional dishes served up by 20 stalls and a team of specialist mobile hawkers.
In addition to the thoughtfully curated heritage food selection, visitors will also be able to truly relive the 1950/60s experience with dishes costing as little as 50 cents.
Just like in the olden days, when the value of a 50 cent coin was enough for a sumptuous meal, the endearing phrase “50 cents is bigger than a bull cart wheel” will ring true at The 50 Cents Fest.
Visitors will also be immersed in the bustling street bazaar atmosphere with old-school street buskers such as letter writers, calligraphers and fortune-tellers. Families can enjoy “kampong-style” communal activities like black-and-white outdoor movie screenings, performances by opera singers and martial arts professionals that promise loads of fun and laughter for visitors of all ages!
Don’t miss out on this one-time opportunity to experience 1950/60s Singapore at The 50 Cents Fest
Event Details at a Glance:
- Event Venue:
- Chinatown Food Street, Smith Street, Chinatown, Singapore
- 30 July 2016, Saturday: 3pm – 11pm
- 31 July 2016, Sunday: 11am – 11pm
List of Food Items on Sales at The 50 Cents Fest (50c deals bolded)
- Char Kway Teow $0.50: Kosong (without Egg) / $0.50 x 2: With Egg
- UFO (Fried Oyster Cake) $0.50
- Kok Kok Mee $0.50
- Sweet Noodle $0.50
- Rickshaw Noodle $0.50
- Ice Ball $0.50
- Hainanese Chicken Rice Balls $0.50 x 2
- Rojak on Wheels $0.50 x 2
- Mee Teh $0.50 x 2
- BBQ Chicken Wings – $0.50
- Fried Carrot Cake (Black) – $0.50
- Charcoal Fire Toast Bread – $0.50
- Steamed Glutinous Rice (Sweet and Savoury) – $0.50
- Steamed Bee Hoon – $0.50
- Nasi Lemak wrapped in banana leaf – $0.50
- Roti Prata – $0.50
- Satay – $0.50 per stick
- Rose Syrup Drink with Basil Seeds – $0.50
- Chin Chow Drink – $0.50
- Green Bean and Barley Soup – $0.50
- Cheng Teng – $0.50
- Ngor Hiang Platter: Prawn Fritters, Pork Rolls, Pork Liver Rolls, Egg Rolls, Pork Sausage – $0.50 x 2
- Fried Rice – $0.50 x 2
- Steamed Cockles – $0.50 x 2
- Oyster Omelette – $0.50 x 2
- Fried Hokkien Prawn Mee – $0.50 x 3
- Bak Kut Teh – $0.50 x 2
- Braised Duck Rice – $0.50 x 2
- Prawn Noodle Soup – $0.50 x 2
- Pigtail and Kang Kong Soup – $0.50 x 2
- Sliced Fish Bee Hoon – $0.50 x 2
- Laksa – $0.50 x 2
- Bird’s Nest Drink – $0.50 x 2
- Vinegar Pork Trotters – $0.50 x 3
- Chilli Crab – $0.50 x 4
Download a PDF of the food items here
Chinatown Food Street
7 Smith Street
Price: $0.50 – $2.50 for a tasting portion
Cash terms only
Share this event with your friends & loved ones on Facebook!
For more information, visit www.chinatownfoodstreet.sg
Other terms and conditions apply.
Sales on 30 – 31 Jul 2016