Uber will be launching their car pooling service uberPOOL in Singapore from 1 July.
uberPOOL enables people going to the same place at the same time to share the journey. It’s all about getting more butts into fewer cars. This means cheaper rides for passengers and less congestion over time.
Here’s how it works:
- Choose the uberPOOL option in the app. Enter your destination and request a ride.
- You’ll see your driver’s details straight away — name, photo and the details of the car. As with uberX, these drivers are have undergone an extensive screening process.
- uberPOOL will then match you with another passenger heading in the same direction:
- That passenger will either be in the car at the start of your trip, in which case you’ll see their name in advance; or
- Your driver will pick them up along the way, in which case Uber will notify you via the app.
- Whether you’re first or second into the car, Uber ensures that you’re never taken more than a few minutes out of your way.
- At the end of your trip, you’ll pay just like a normal Uber trip and receive an electronic receipt.
uberPOOL is more affordable because the cost of the trip is shared. The fare per trip is lesser than uberX, which is typically the cheapest service-whether Uber pairs you up with another passenger or not.
For more info, visit Uber’s press release here
Other terms and conditions apply.
Get a FREE American Tourister Caravan 70cm TSA luggage (worth S$260) (with min spend) and 2-years annual fees waiver when you sign up for a HSBC Revolution credit card at www.hsbc.com.sg.