Have you made plans to travel during the mid-year school holidays? If yes, have you checked if your passport is expiring or has expired?
The Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) would like to remind you to apply for a new passport early, if you are planning to travel abroad during this period to avoid the last-minute rush.
Many ways to apply for your passport
Many countries require a passport to be valid for at least six months as part of their entry requirements. If your passport has less than six months’ validity, you are reminded to apply for a new passport to avoid any inconvenience to your overseas trip.
Ways to apply
- Online: Submit your application via APPLES (Application for Passport On-Line Electronic System) through the ICA website at www.ica.gov.sg. You can also use the self-service kiosk at the eLobby@ICA
- By Post: Mail your completed application form to ICA Building (Passports Unit), 10 Kallang Road, #08-00, Singapore 208718.
- Deposit Boxes: Drop your completed application form in the deposit boxes at Levels 1, 2 and 3 or outside the ICA Building.
Make an appointment to collect your passport promptly
You will be notified by post to collect the new passport once it is ready. To collect your passport, you should make an appointment using the e-Appointment service which is available through ICA’s website or download the new, free mobile app eAPPT@ICA from Apple Store or Google Play Store.
You are advised to come on time on the appointment day to be served promptly.
Convenient ways to collect your passport
You can opt for your preferred method for collection as shown in the box below. Busier periods are on Mondays, Fridays, Saturdays, school holidays, eve of and post-public holidays. Longer waiting time is expected if you did not make an appointment.
Ways to collect
- Make an appointment to collect at the counter at ICA Building
- Make an appointment to self-collect at the iCollect at eLobby@ICA
- Collect at selected Post Offices*
* Applicants eligible for this option will be informed through the collection notification card/email. SingPost charges a service fee of $6.50 for this service. For more information, please refer to SingPost website at www.singpost.com
Efficient service for customers is ICA’s priority
ICA is committed to serving you efficiently and expeditiously. As longer waiting times are inevitable during the peak periods, ICA seeks your understanding and cooperation to apply early for your passports.
Make an appointment, come on time on your appointment day and be served promptly.
Get a FREE American Tourister Caravan 70cm TSA luggage (worth S$260) (with min spend) and 2-years annual fees waiver when you sign up for a HSBC Revolution credit card at www.hsbc.com.sg.