|SINGPromos is now on Telegram. Click here to follow us now|
KidZania is an indoor family education and entertainment centre, which offers an interactive learning and entertainment experience targeted at kids.
UPDATE 15 Mar 8am: Opening Date, hours & ticketing info now available! (scroll to bottom)
Opening in April 2016, KidZania Singapore is an indoor family edutainment centre which offers an interactive learning and entertainment experience for kids in a kid-sized city, through over 80 role-play activities
More than an indoor theme park, kids can experience role-play activities, earn a salary in the form of kidZos, the official currency of KidZania, pay for goods and services and manage a bank card. It is the only KidZania to be located on an island resort, and also house a full-sized fuselage of a Boeing 737.
KidZania combines role-play with real life, creating a kid-centric city experience designed to educate and inspire kids; from arriving at the airport, to visiting a city centre to exploring the city streets.
As in the real world, kids choose activities – such as being a police officer, doctor, journalist or a customer – and earn money, which they can then spend or save.
KidZania operates just like a real city complete with buildings, paved streets, vehicles, a functioning economy, and recognisable destinations in the form of “establishments” branded by leading international and local brands.
The facilities are designed to educate through experience, fostering the development of life skills, but from a kid’s perspective it is all about fun which truly epitomizes learning through play.
Districts will be set up within the kid-sized city to group establishments based on the nature of the establishments and role-play activities. The decision is based on the concept of zoning, one of the common techniques adopted by urban planners in most developed countries.
KidZania Singapore will have about 32 partners (as of June 2015). Designed to be best suited for children aged 4 and above, KidZania Singapore complements school learning experiences through realistic role-play.
Kids will have the option to choose among a diverse range of over 80 role-playing activities within KidZania Singapore. Town planners in KidZania Singapore have created various Districts for the establishments, mirroring realistic urban planning techniques.
Districts in KidZania Singapore include:
- Culture and Entertainment
- Public Services
- Private Services
- Restaurants – Food and Beverage establishments will be located throughout the city
From activities that will challenge a child’s physical limits to experiences that will inculcate values such as the importance of better health and caring for others, kids can independently decide and participate in occupations and roles that aid social, emotional and intellectual growth.
Leading up to its targeted opening, KidZania Singapore updated that 10 industry partners will set up establishments within the city. With 32 partners working hand in hand with KidZania Singapore and its child development experts, kids will be able to glean skills and values such as financial literacy, team work and independence as well as develop life skills, creative thinking and self-esteem.
The various professions that children can experience are:
- Automotive – Be a petrol station manager at an Esso Petrol Station and help fill up vehicles for customers. Kids can learn more about the different types of fuels used to power vehicles on our roads, and the importance of good customer service.
- Culture and Entertainment – Be a Museum curator and docent at The Intan, Singapore’s first private Peranakan home museum. Appreciate the traditional Peranakan culture by curating galleries that focus on iconic Peranakan elements such as the sarong kebaya, nyonya porcelain and Peranakan tile
architecture, and proudly share Singapore’s rich Peranakan identity with visitors through the galleries and exhibits.
- Be a Health Institute Researcher at Lifebuoy and learn the intricacies of soap making along with the importance of hand hygiene through first- hand experience of making their very own soap.
- Be an ice cream maker and mix delicious flavours and ingredients at the Paddle Pop Ice Cream Factory. Kids will learn about nutritionally responsible snacking before enjoying yummy treats.
- Public Services
- Be a surgeon and perform a delicate kidney transplant operation in a fully furnished operating theatre at the city’s very own Mount Elizabeth Hospital, and learn important health practices.
- Be a radiologist at the Toshiba CT scan room, and analyse scan results while operating a functional CT scan machine, and learn the importance of early detection.
- As a junior nurse at Johnson‘s nursery, kids are tasked to take care of newborn babies, learn the basics of diaper change, baby massage techniques and the benefits of baby moisturisers.
- Mini fashionistas become fashion gurus at the Camouflage Fashion Boutique as they learn how to curate their own fashion style, and gain confidence by modelling their handpicked outfits in a fashion show.
- Be a Traditional BBQ meat specialist and discover the secret recipe that goes into the age-old process of making one of Singapore’s best loved traditional snacks at Lim Chee Guan Traditional BBQ Meat Store.
- Private Services – Learn the importance of having protection and savings plans to help other kids take care of themselves and their loved ones as a financial services consultant at AIA Insurance.
- Sports – Be a telematch participant, footballer, cheerleader or even commentator at one of the few stadiums available in KidZanias world-wide. Kids can take part in an array of different activities from telematches to football games with AIA at the Stadium.
Previously announced partners are: 7-Eleven, Abbott, Camp Challenge, Canon, Carl Zeiss, Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific, KFC, Killiney Kopitiam, Kiss92, Maybank, Nanyang Optical, Nickelodeon, PictureAir, Pizza Hut, Sticky, Spritzer, Sunstar, The Learning Lab, The Soup Spoon, Warung M Nasir, WTS Travel and Yakult.
Located at Palawan Beach, Sentosa, KidZania Singapore offers kids an inspiring and educational experience against the backdrop of a serene tropical beach.
UPDATE 15 Mar: Official Opening Date & Launch Promo
The long awaited moment is finally here! KidZania Singapore is opening on 12 April and tickets are available now! Online tickets are entitled to a 5% discount or a 10% discount for Maybank Cardmembers.
Kids aged 4 and above can get full access to an extensive variety of role-play activities for the duration of our operating hours! Parents can participate in selected role-play activities and seasonal in-park activities, or they can relax at the Parents Lounge.
Opening Hours & Ticket Prices
|10am – 5pm||Sundays to Thursdays|
|10am – 8pm||Fridays and Saturdays|
Eve of Public Holidays
|Kid (4 – 17 years old)||S$58.00||S$55.10|
|Adult (18 – 59 years old)||S$35.00||S$33.25|
|Toddler (2 – 3 years old)||S$25.00||S$23.75|
|Senior (60 years old and above)||S$25.00||S$23.75|
|Infant (under 2 years old)||Free||Free|
To avoid disappointment, you are strongly advised to get your tickets via online purchase, so that you are guaranteed admission on your chosen day. You can purchase your tickets here.
For Group purchase of 30 tickets or more, please click here.
For more info, visit www.kidzania.com.sg.
(Photos credit www.kidzania.com.sg)