|Starts||23 Jul 2023 (Sun) (ONE day only)|
|We are now on Telegram|
The National Day Istana Open House (IOH) will be held on Sunday, 23 July 2023, 8.30am to 6.00pm
The IOH will be open to all visitors. Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents enter for free. All other visitors (four years old and above) are required to pay an entrance fee of $2 per person. By entering the IOH, visitors agree to the Terms and Conditions stipulated below.
Visitors will have the opportunity to explore the newly enhanced Swan Pond, enjoy the Japanese Garden, and the inclusive garden. In addition, they can also participate in various engaging activities, including viewing several musical performances at the IOH. The programme and fees are listed in the tables below.
There will also be food and beverage stalls, food trucks, as well as merchandise booths with limited-edition Istana souvenirs and President’s Challenge souvenirs. All fees collected and proceeds from the merchandise booths will go towards the benefitting agencies supported by President’s Challenge.
Programme Listing for National Day Istana Open House
(Updated 21 July 1300hrs)
|9.00am – 10.00am||Band Performance by New Town Primary School||Main Tent|
|10.30am – 11.00am||Malay Dance by Damai Primary School||Ceremonial Plaza|
|10.00am – 11.00am||Musical Performance by The ETC||Near Rain Tent|
|11.00am – 12.00pm||Indian Dance Performance by Bhaskar’s Arts Academy||Ceremonial Plaza|
|Music Performance by Eunice and Lay Chun||Near Rain Tent|
|11.00am – 12.30pm||Band Performance by Anderson Primary School||Main Tent|
|12.00pm – 12.45pm||Musical Performance by NAFA||Reception Room|
|12.00pm – 1.00pm||Dance of the Nation by SportSG||Main Tent|
|1.00pm – 2.00pm||Guzheng Performance by Tan Chu Yuan||Main Tent|
|2.00pm – 3.00pm||Music Performance by NJ Studio||Main Tent|
|Music Performance by yIN Harmony||Ceremonial Plaza|
|Musical Performance by Harmon-ee Music||Near Rain Tent|
|3.00pm – 4.00pm||Dance of the Nation by SportSG||Main Tent|
|Dikir Barat Performance by Madrasah Irsyad Zuhri Al-Islamiah||Ceremonial Plaza|
|Music Performance by Fyrdauz Macbeth||Near Rain Tent|
|4.00pm – 5.00pm||Musical Performance by Gendang Akustika||Ceremonial Plaza|
|8:30am – 6.00pm||Clay Craft, Pastel Nagomi Art for Children by People’s Association||Main Tent|
|Candle Art Making by Candlescape||Main Tent|
|Merlion Activity Booth by Nichiren Shoshu Buddhist Association||Main Tent|
|Arts and Crafts for Kids (e.g., coaster painting, face tattoo)||Near Main Tent|
|Interactive Community Games (e.g., giant jenga, hopscotch, Connect4)||Near Main Tent|
|Arabic Calligraphy by Madrasah Aljunied Al-Islamiah||Main Tent|
|Traditional Games (e.g., five stones, capteh) by National Heritage Board||Main Tent|
|Outdoor Table Tennis by SportSG||Main Tent|
|Cyanotype Workshop by ART:DIS||Main Tent|
|Henna Art by Cognizant||Rain Tent|
|Balloon Sculpting by Singtel||Rain Tent|
|Youth Volunteerism: Photo Exhibition and Activities by Youth Corps Singapore||Main Tent|
|Co-existence with Wildlife Exhibitions and Activities by Outward Bound Singapore||Main Tent|
|Augmented Reality Activity by Singapore Polytechnic||Main Tent|
|#SGinHarmony Photobooth Activity by MCCY||Main Tent|
|SGCare Volunteer Go Where Information Booth by SGCares||Main Tent|
|Kampong Spirit, Kampong Fun Exhibition by National Heritage Board||Main Tent|
|Mini Playground||Near Main Tent|
|National Gallery Roving Art Truck||Near Main Tent|
|9.30am – 5.00pm||Istana Main Building Guided Tour by National Heritage Board||Ticketing Booth at Ceremonial Plaza|
|10.00am – 4.00pm||Nature Guided Tour by NParks|
|Snacks and Merchandise|
|8.30am – 6.00pm||Food Trucks by Old Chang Kee and SG Food Truck||Near Main Tent|
|Food Stalls by Chulop, Epik Kebabs, State of Affairs and Udders Ice Cream||Rain Tent|
|Drinks Booths sponsored by Pokka Pte Ltd||Rain Tent|
|President’s Challenge Merchandise Booth||Rain Tent|
Only cashless payments via QR Codes will be accepted. Participating payment merchants include Bank of China, Citibank, DBS, HSBC, ICBC, Maybank, OCBC, PayNow, Standard Chartered, and UOB.
The following fees are applicable for entry into the Istana grounds:
|Entry into Istana grounds||Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents||Standard|
|Children (4 to 12 years)||Free||$2.00|
|Children (Below 4 years)||Free||Free|
The following fees are applicable for entry into the Istana Main Building:
|Entry into Istana Main Building||Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents||Standard|
|Children (4 to 12 years)||$2.00||$2.00||$2.00||$2.00|
|Children (Below 4 years)||Free||Free||Free||Free|
*The Istana Main Building Guided Tours are conducted by volunteers from the National Heritage Board. The tours are limited to 15 persons per group and depart every 30 minutes from 9.30am to 5.00pm. All fees collected will go towards the benefitting agencies supported by President’s Challenge.
The following fees are applicable for the Nature Guided Tour:
|Nature Guided Tour||Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents||Standard|
|Children (4 to 12 years)||$2.00||$2.00|
|Children (Below 4 years)||Free||Free|
The Nature Guided Tours are conducted by volunteers from NParks. The tours are limited to 15 persons per group and depart every hour from 10.00am to 4.00pm. All fees collected will go towards the benefitting agencies supported by President’s Challenge.
There will be merchandise booths with limited-edition Istana souvenirs and President’s Challenge souvenirs. Souvenirs are while stocks last. Only cashless payments via QR Codes will be accepted.
All proceeds will go towards the benefitting agencies supported by President’s Challenge. Social service agencies supported by President’s Challenge 2023 include those from the following sectors:
- Children, Youth & Family
- Mental Health
- Disability Sports
- Empowering for Life Fund
The souvenirs include memorabilia such as:
- Luggage Tags
Terms and Conditions
Admission Procedures into the Istana Open House (IOH) on 23 July 2023
- Admission into the IOH is via the Main Gate at Orchard Road only.
- Admission into the IOH is subject to security checks. Pointed and sharp objects (e.g., knives of any size, fork, scissors), flammable items (e.g., lighter), tripods and canned items (e.g., canned drinks) are not allowed.
- There are no storage facilities in the Istana. Security personnel reserve the right to deny entry to visitors with prohibited items.
- Admission into the IOH may be restricted due to inclement weather or other reasons.
- The IOH may be suspended or cancelled if there is prolonged risk of lightning. Visitors within the Istana grounds can seek shelter at the tentages. Please do not seek shelter under trees or canopies. Visitors may also wish to seek shelter at nearby malls.
Admission Procedures into the Istana Main Building
- Each Main Building admission pass admits one visitor into the Main Building. Only children below 4 years old may enter for free.
- Re-entry into the Main Building is not allowed.
- The consumption of food and drinks is not allowed in the Main Building.
- Main Building admission passes are purchased on a first-come-first-served basis.
- To ensure a safe and pleasant experience, the number of admission passes issued will be based on the capacity of the Main Building. Istana reserves the right to deny entry or suspend the issuance of passes when the capacity is expected to be reached.
- There are no restroom facilities accessible to members of the public within the Main Building.
- Visits are kept strictly only to the first floor of the Main Building.
- No photography is allowed within the Main Building.
Visitor Etiquette and Safe Management Measures within the Istana Grounds
- Visitors who are feeling unwell on that day are strongly encouraged not to visit Istana.
- Visitors are requested to maintain good hygiene.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited on the Istana grounds.
- Please keep the Istana grounds litter-free.
- Activities such as wheeled sports (e.g., cycling, rollerblading, riding Personal Mobility Devices) are not allowed.
- No pets are allowed except certified guide dogs.
- Follow all prevailing safe management measures.
The IOH Organising Committee reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time at their sole and absolute discretion without notice. By proceeding with the visit, the visitors agree to be bound by the updated terms. These terms and conditions and all its subsequent variations shall be subject to and governed by the laws of Singapore.
Visitors hereby agree that the IOH Organising Committee may take photographs or recordings of any visitor at the IOH for any purpose, without prior approval or compensation.