Uh oh, the event has ended. Don't miss out again, get the latest news via e-mail, Telegram, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or RSS feed!
|Starts||24 Oct 2022 (Mon) (ONE day only)|
|We are now on Telegram|
The Deepavali Istana Open House (IOH) will be held on Monday, 24 October 2022, 8.30am to 6.00pm.
The IOH will be open to all visitors. Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents enter for free. All other visitors are required to pay an entrance fee of $2 per adult. By entering the Istana Open House, visitors agree to the Terms and Conditions stipulated below.
The Istana Main Building Guided Tour will be held from from 9.00am to 2.30pm and 4.30pm to 5.00pm and the Nature Guided Tour will be held from 10.00am to 4.00pm. The programme and fees are listed in the tables below. There will also be food trucks and merchandise booths with limited-edition Istana souvenirs and President’s Challenge souvenirs. All fees collected and proceeds from the merchandise booths will go towards charities supported by President’s Challenge.
The Istana is typically open to the public on five days during the year. Visitors can look forward to special performances, tour selected rooms in the Main Building or go on guided nature walks on the grounds. Do check back for details on future IOHs.
|Performances and Activity Booths|
|10.00am – 10.45am||Band Performance by Xinmin Secondary School||Main Tent|
|10.00am – 10.30am||Indian Dance Performance by Bowen Secondary School||Ceremonial Plaza|
|10.30am – 11.00am||Indian Dance Performance by Punggol Secondary School||Ceremonial Plaza|
|11.00am – 12.00pm||Dance Performance by NAFA School of Young Talents||Ceremonial Plaza|
|11.45am – 12.30pm||Band Performance by CHIJ Katong Convent||Main Tent|
|3.30pm – 4.00pm||Musical Performance by NAFA School of Young Talents||Main Building Reception Hall|
|4.00pm – 4.30pm||Indian Dance Performance by Clementi Town Secondary School||Ceremonial Plaza|
|8.30am – 6.00pm||Games Booth by Heartware Network||Centre Gate Tent|
|8.30am – 6.00pm||Art Carts and Activity Booths by National Gallery Singapore||Centre Gate Tent|
|8.30am – 6.00pm||Candle-Making Booth by Anaya Soul Retreat||Main Tent|
|8.30am – 6.00pm||Balloon Sculpting Booth by Singtel||Main Tent|
|Guided Tours (Starting point at booth near the Ceremonial Plaza)|
|9.00am – 2.30pm|
4.30pm – 5.00pm
|Istana Main Building Guided Tour by National Heritage Board||Main Building|
|10.00am – 4.00pm||Nature Guided Tour by NParks||Enhanced Japanese Garden and Inclusive Garden|
|Snacks and Merchandise|
|8.30am – 6.00pm||Halal Food Truck|
Goodburger Food Truck
|Near Main Tent|
|8.30am – 6.00pm||Udders Ice-Cream Booth||Main Tent|
|8.30am – 6.00pm||Drinks Booths||Main Tent, Centre Gate Tent, Main Building Tent|
|8.30am – 6.00pm||Istana and President’s Challenge Merchandise Booth||Main Tent|
Only cashless payments via PayNow will be accepted.
The following fees are applicable for entry into the Istana grounds:
|Entry into Istana grounds||Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents||Standard|
|Children (4 to 12 years)||Free||Free|
|Children (Below 4 years)||Free||Free|
The following fees are applicable for entry into the Istana Main Building.
|Entry into Istana Main Building||Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents||Standard|
|Children (4 to 12 years)||$2.00||$2.00||$2.00||$2.00|
|Children (Below 4 years)||Free||Free||Free||Free|
*The Istana Main Building Guided Tours are conducted by volunteers from the National Heritage Board. The tours are limited to 15 persons per group and depart every 30 minutes from 9.00am to 2.30pm and 4.30pm to 5.00pm. All fees collected will go towards charities supported by President’s Challenge.
The following fees are applicable for the Nature Guided Tour:
|Nature Guided Tour||Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents||Standard|
|Children (4 to 12 years)||$2.00||$2.00|
|Children (Below 4 years)||Free||Free|
The Nature Guided Tours are conducted by volunteers from NParks. The tours are limited to 15 persons per group and depart every hour from 10.00am to 4.00pm. All fees collected will go towards charities supported by President’s Challenge.
There will be merchandise booths with limited-edition Istana souvenirs and President’s Challenge souvenirs. Only cashless payments via PayNow will be accepted.
All proceeds will go towards charities supported by President’s Challenge. Social service agencies supported by President’s Challenge 2022 include those from the following sectors:
- Children, Youth & Family
- Mental Health
- Disability Sports
The souvenirs include memorabilia such as:
- Istana 150th Anniversary Books
Terms and Conditions
Admission Procedures to the Istana Open House on 24 October 2022
- Admission to the Istana Open House is subject to security checks. Pointed and sharp objects (e.g. knives of any size, fork, scissors), flammable items (e.g. lighter), and canned items (e.g. canned drinks) are not allowed.
- There are no storage facilities in the Istana. Security personnel reserve the right to deny entry to visitors with prohibited items.
- Entry to the Istana grounds may be restricted due to inclement weather or other reasons.
- The IOH may be suspended or cancelled if there is prolonged risk of lightning. Visitors within the Istana grounds can seek shelter at the tentages. Please do not seek shelter under trees or canopies. Visitors may also wish to seek shelter at nearby malls.
Admission Procedures to the Istana Main Building
- Each Main Building admission pass admits one visitor into the Main Building. Only children below 4 years old may enter for free.
- Re-entry into the Main Building is not allowed.
- Visitors must keep their masks on at all times in the Main Building.
- The consumption of food and drinks is not allowed in the Main Building.
- Main Building admission passes are purchased on a first-come-first-served basis.
- To ensure a safe and pleasant experience, the number of admission passes issued will be based on the capacity of the Main Building. Istana reserves the right to deny entry or suspend the issuance of passes when the capacity is expected to be reached.
- There are no restroom facilities accessible to members of the public within the Main Building.
- Visits are kept strictly only to the first floor of the Main Building.
- No photography is allowed within the Main Building.
Visitor Etiquette and Safe Management Measures Within Istana Grounds
- Visitors who are feeling unwell on that day are strongly encouraged not to visit Istana.
- Visitors are requested to maintain good hygiene.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited on the Istana grounds.
- Please keep the Istana grounds litter-free.
- Activities such as wheeled sports (e.g. cycling, roller blading, riding PMDs) are not allowed.
- No pets are allowed except certified guide dogs.
- Follow all prevailing safe management measures.
The IOH Organising Committee reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time at their sole and absolute discretion without notice. By proceeding with the visit, the visitors agree to be bound by the updated terms. These terms and conditions and all its subsequent variations shall be subject to and governed by the laws of Singapore.
Visitors hereby agree that the Istana Open House Organising Committee may take photographs or recordings of any visitor at the Istana Open House for any purpose, without prior approval or compensation.
Leave a Reply