|Starts||1 May 2023 (Mon) (ONE day only)|
|We are now on Telegram|
The Hari Raya Puasa – Labour Day Istana Open House (IOH) will be held on Monday, 1 May 2023, 8.30am to 6.00pm.
The IOH will be open to all visitors. Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents enter for FREE. All other visitors (four years old and above) are required to pay an entrance fee of $2 per person. By entering the IOH, visitors agree to the Terms and Conditions stipulated below.
Visitors can look forward to visiting the enhanced Swan Pond, which was launched by President Halimah in early April. The enhanced Swan Pond also includes a new viewing deck and garden stream, with a curated selection of flowering and fragrant shrubs. Members of public can also enjoy a series of live performances and participate in the various activity booths at the IOH. The programme and fees are listed in the tables below.
There will also be food and beverage stalls, food trucks, as well as merchandise booths with limited-edition Istana souvenirs and President’s Challenge souvenirs. All fees collected and proceeds from the merchandise booths will go towards charities supported by the President’s Challenge.
Programme Listing for Hari Raya Puasa – Labour Day Istana Open House
|10.15am – 10.45am||Dance Performance by Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts School of Young Talents||Ceremonial Plaza|
|10.45am – 10.50am||Malay Dance by Wellington Primary School||Ceremonial Plaza|
|10.50am – 11.30am||Dikir Barat Performance by Temasek Polytechnic Dikir Barat||Ceremonial Plaza|
|10.00am – 11.15am||Band Performance by Tanjong Katong Girls’ School Band||Main Tent|
|2.30pm – 3.30pm||Band Performance by Pasir Ris Secondary School Band||Main Tent|
|2.30pm – 3.00pm||Musical Performance by Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts School of Young Talents||Reception Room|
|3.00pm – 3.30pm||Musical Performance by Marymount Convent School Percussion Ensemble||Ceremonial Plaza|
|3.30pm – 4.00pm||Chinese Dance by Evergreen Secondary School||Ceremonial Plaza|
|8.30am – 5.30pm||Sharity Booth||Main Tent|
|Balloon Sculpting by SingTel Recreation Club|
|Chinese Calligraphy Booth by Cairnhill Community Club||Main Tent|
|Candle-making Workshop and Merchandise by Anaya Soul Retreat||Main Tent|
|Henna Painting Booth by Cognizant||Main Tent|
|8.30am – 6.00pm||Design and Decorate Chingay Rabbits; Sale of Decorated Chingay Rabbits||Main Tent|
|9.30am – 5.00pm||Istana Main Building Guided Tour by National Heritage Board||Ticketing Booth at Ceremonial Plaza|
|10.00am – 4.00pm||Nature Guided Tour by NParks|
|Snacks and Merchandise|
|8.30am – 6.00pm||Food Trucks||Near Main Tent|
|Food Stalls||Rain Tent|
|Drinks Booths||Rain Tent|
|President’s Challenge Merchandise Booth||Main Tent|
Only cashless payments via SGQR will be accepted. Participating payment merchants include Bank of China, Citibank, DBS, ICBC, Maybank, OCBC, PayNow, Standard Chartered, and UOB.
The following fees are applicable for entry into the Istana grounds:
|Entry into Istana grounds||Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents||Standard|
|Children (4 to 12 years)||Free||$2.00|
|Children (Below 4 years)||Free||Free|
The following fees are applicable for entry into the Istana Main Building.
|Entry into Istana Main Building||Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents||Standard|
|Children (4 to 12 years)||$2.00||$2.00||$2.00||$2.00|
|Children (Below 4 years)||Free||Free||Free||Free|
*The Istana Main Building Guided Tours are conducted by volunteers from the National Heritage Board. The tours are limited to 15 persons per group and depart every 30 minutes from 9.30am to 5.00pm. All fees collected will go towards charities supported by the President’s Challenge.
The following fees are applicable for the Nature Guided Tour:
|Nature Guided Tour||Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents||Standard|
|Children (4 to 12 years)||$2.00||$2.00|
|Children (Below 4 years)||Free||Free|
The Nature Guided Tours are conducted by volunteers from NParks. The tours are limited to 15 persons per group and depart every hour from 10.00am to 4.00pm. All fees collected will go towards charities supported by the President’s Challenge.
There will be merchandise booths with limited-edition Istana souvenirs and President’s Challenge souvenirs. Only cashless payments via SGQR will be accepted.
All proceeds will go towards charities supported by the President’s Challenge. Social service agencies supported by President’s Challenge 2023 include those from the following sectors:
- Children, Youth & Family
- Mental Health
- Disability Sports
- Empowering for Life Fund
The souvenirs include memorabilia such as:
- Luggage Tags
Terms and Conditions
Admission Procedures into the Istana Open House (IOH)
- Admission into the IOH is via the Main Gate at Orchard Road only.
- Admission into the IOH is subject to security checks. Pointed and sharp objects (e.g. knives of any size, fork, scissors), flammable items (e.g. lighter), and canned items (e.g. canned drinks) are not allowed.
- There are no storage facilities in the Istana. Security personnel reserve the right to deny entry to visitors with prohibited items.
- Admission into the IOH may be restricted due to inclement weather or other reasons.
- The IOH may be suspended or cancelled if there is prolonged risk of lightning. Visitors within the Istana grounds can seek shelter at the tentages. Please do not seek shelter under trees or canopies. Visitors may also wish to seek shelter at nearby malls.
Admission Procedures into the Istana Main Building
- Each Main Building admission pass admits one visitor into the Main Building. Only children below 4 years old may enter for free.
- Re-entry into the Main Building is not allowed.
- The consumption of food and drinks is not allowed in the Main Building.
- Main Building admission passes are purchased on a first-come-first-served basis.
- To ensure a safe and pleasant experience, the number of admission passes issued will be based on the capacity of the Main Building. Istana reserves the right to deny entry or suspend the issuance of passes when the capacity is expected to be reached.
- There are no restroom facilities accessible to members of the public within the Main Building.
- Visits are kept strictly only to the first floor of the Main Building.
- No photography is allowed within the Main Building.
Visitor Etiquette and Safe Management Measures within the Istana Grounds
- Visitors who are feeling unwell on that day are strongly encouraged not to visit Istana.
- Visitors are requested to maintain good hygiene.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited on the Istana grounds.
- Please keep the Istana grounds litter-free.
- Activities such as wheeled sports (e.g. cycling, roller-blading, riding Personal Mobility Devices) are not allowed.
- No pets are allowed except certified guide dogs.
- Follow all prevailing safe management measures.
The IOH Organising Committee reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time at their sole and absolute discretion without notice. By proceeding with the visit, the visitors agree to be bound by the updated terms. These terms and conditions and all its subsequent variations shall be subject to and governed by the laws of Singapore.
Visitors hereby agree that the IOH Organising Committee may take photographs or recordings of any visitor at the IOH for any purpose, without prior approval or compensation.
For more info, click here.